Pics, opinions Please

Spanker

I'm glad this thread came back up! I think it's funny. Your hair is great! Stop worrying. I'm sure Dr K has told you the same thing!

Glad things are going so well for you. Btw...I'm in the EARLY stages of planning another procedure with Dr Rahal.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

My situation is a bit unique to me, being military and having to deploy often, making such a ritual largely unsustainable for me. If Fin isn't enough or doesn't agree with you, or is ineffective altogether, and you don't consider Minoxidil too much of a hassle, then all the more power to you.

Hooah!

My situation is a bit unique to me, being military and having to deploy often, making such a ritual largely unsustainable for me. If Fin isn't enough or doesn't agree with you, or is ineffective altogether, and you don't consider Minoxidil too much of a hassle, then all the more power to you.

I could see this as an issue. I'm not sure how long you are on ship, but one bottle the size of a small mousse can lasts me probably over a month, so I would think you COULD do it if you wanted to, but I understand those that chose not to. Unless you are corpsman and do field operations with Marines, then forget it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker

I'm glad this thread came back up! I think it's funny. Your hair is great! Stop worrying. I'm sure Dr K has told you the same thing!

Glad things are going so well for you. Btw...I'm in the EARLY stages of planning another procedure with Dr Rahal.

Awesome, looking forward to hearing more about it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 months later...

Due for my 6 month check in on this thread. It still looks good. Not really looking for opinions, but just using this thread as documentation for me and others. Been on 3 years and 10 months still I started finasteride and still holding strong (Although I am experiencing some minor retrograde alopecia and am battling a shed right now, possibly due to stress from job change or surgery that I recently had under general anesthesia). My part there is actually on a CVG strip but with enough hair, you still can't really tell. Overall, I am pleased with how I am holding out. (I can also see myself going grey more and more as the thread progresses. It has been 3 years and 10 months since I started the thread.

imgur: the simple image sharer

VEeVpG0.jpg

Edited by Spanker

View Spanker's Website

OK....I attached 2 pics...I know they are small...my wife is saying that this is just a cow lick and a part....but not sure wether to believe her...does this look like MPB to u? I have thought it was before but shaved it tighter and all the hair looks the same....so...what do u think....did I marry a lier or am I tripping?

Took some in different lighting and one is with my hair grown out...where u can not tell at all....

Just trying to stay on top of things...:rolleyes:

You have got a great head of hair

• 9 months later...

Well, it's kind of apples to oranges because my hair is much longer but my crown is still holding pretty strong 4 years and 7 months after starting fin. I'll update in another year.

Screenshot_2015-03-28-11-00-06.jpg.c8b267f570b7d00fe5cb7e98687ef8a9.jpg

View Spanker's Website

• 1 year later...

So it has been 5 years and 7 months since I started this thread. As I said earlier, I am using this thread to document my hair loss battle in the the crown only. I only look at my crown once every 6 months or more because I don't need anything else to obsess about. Being obviously prone to MPB with hairline issues and getting a transplant, my crown is a concern too so I do use meds including finasteride and minox for about 5 years and 8 months and with minoxidil for about 4 years with crown use as well.

While I don't think I have teenage density there, overall I am very happy with the maintenance I have been able to obtain on on medication. I am on generic finasteride from Walmart and equate minoxidil. I have considered moving to brand proscar but I'm not sure. I'll update this thread in another 6 months to year.

20160421_204501.thumb.jpg.9266ef1fdab313febe9ea5138db4aa5d.jpg

20160421_204746.thumb.jpg.cd0437315e6354e5fa06b815e1d89768.jpg

View Spanker's Website