2000 grafts???

Hello everyone, i was wondering if i could get some help, i am new to this website / forum.

I am considering getting a hair transplant and i am currently graded as a norwood 3. My concern is two fold, firstly i am considering using Dr Shahmalak at Crwon Clinic i have been to see him and i ahve been quoted ?6000.00 for 1300 graphs through FUE i have seen some negitive feedback around him and just wondered if someone could let me know if they have used him and what feedback you have?

Secondly i would like to know what to expect after 3 weeks i.e. appearane around the hairline how noticeable etc.

Your feedback would be really appreicted.

Regards,

Oliver

Best to start a new thread rather than jump on this one.

There are more talented Dr's out there than this guy. Namely Bisanga and Feriduni in Belgium. Also Farjo and Lorenzo who are joining forces later this year.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

how do i start a new thread?

From the main page click on the section you want to post, e.g.

Hair Restoration Questions and Answers - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

Then the 'New Thread' box at the top left.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 3 weeks later...
Businessgirl (Carol),

While I agree with some of your points and disagree with others, I'm more concerned about your purpose here at this point. If your purpose here is to interact and share your experience and acquired expertise with this community, you are certainly welcome. However, if your goal here is to promote yourself and/or the physicians/clinics you work for by posting contact information and links to your website such as you already did when creating your social profile, you are in violation of our terms of service and you will be treated as a spammer.

For now, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and thus, I've removed the promotional content from your profile.

If you would like to participate here, you are welcome to join in any discussion you find interesting, but you must follow the rules. This includes keeping our community free from promotional propoganda and adding a disclosure in your forum signature. An example would be something like, "I am the lead medical technician for the following hair transplant clinics: A, B, and C". This disclosure should not include any contact information or outside links. You can add a disclosure to your forum signature by going to "Your Info" towards the top left hand corner of the forum below the main navigation menu and then selecting "Edit Signature" on the left hand side.

Your cooperation is appreciated and expected.

Bill

Hi Bill,

will you alow me to send PM? Thanks

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I had a hair transplant 9 days ago. I just started washing my hair the normal way - without a cup.

I have 2 important questions. The sutures on the back of my head are very noticeable and I'm nervous that they will stay noticeable. Has this been a concern to anyone else and did they eventually get hidden?

As I mentioned I just started washing my hair yesterday and there are so many scabs on my head. My Dr said to be gentle and not rub too hard. Is this normal? I mean it's 9 days into my surgery.not sure what to expect.

I appreciate any advice. My email is PN720@HOTMAIL.COM

My name is Paul

Thank you very much

• 4 weeks later...

PaulJ,

Most docs will want their patients to wait on average 2 weeks before removing the crusts yet it really comes down to how well the individual heals. Sorry for the delayed reply because now you are roughly one month post-op and your recipient zone should be healed up very well by now.

As far as the sutures go, they probably have been removed by now and the hair around the area will begin to fill in and cover your strip scar. Hopefully your scar is healing well and not noticeable. If you keep the hair length in that area at least 1 1/2 inches or so, the scar should be well hidden.

By the time that you get into the 4th month post-op you should start to begin seeing some regrowth. So this will require some patience as your grafts begin to grow and gain some length.

Congrats on your recent procedure and happy growth to you...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thank you very much Gillenator.its been a month and the scabs came off around 10-12 days. The sutures are still somewhat visible but getting better. I hope I didn't lose any graphs and hope the results look good.

If anyone would like to chat my email is PN720@HOTMAIL.COM

I live in NY and woukd love to see how other guys results came out.

Paul

Thank you very much Gillenator.its been a month and the scabs came off around 10-12 days. The sutures are still somewhat visible but getting better. I hope I didn't lose any graphs and hope the results look good.

If anyone would like to chat my email is PN720@HOTMAIL.COM

I live in NY and woukd love to see how other guys results came out.

Paul

Mate, you need to go see your doctor ASAP and get those sutures removed. They should have been removed no later than day 14. Or are you referring to suture markings being visible?

• 10 months later...

The area should be fine after several more months. It may be a little thin from some mild shock loss around the sutured area as well.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 3 months later...
Businessgirl (Carol),

While I agree with some of your points and disagree with others, I'm more concerned about your purpose here at this point. If your purpose here is to interact and share your experience and acquired expertise with this community, you are certainly welcome. However, if your goal here is to promote yourself and/or the physicians/clinics you work for by posting contact information and links to your website such as you already did when creating your social profile, you are in violation of our terms of service and you will be treated as a spammer.

For now, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and thus, I've removed the promotional content from your profile.

If you would like to participate here, you are welcome to join in any discussion you find interesting, but you must follow the rules. This includes keeping our community free from promotional propoganda and adding a disclosure in your forum signature. An example would be something like, "I am the lead medical technician for the following hair transplant clinics: A, B, and C". This disclosure should not include any contact information or outside links. You can add a disclosure to your forum signature by going to "Your Info" towards the top left hand corner of the forum below the main navigation menu and then selecting "Edit Signature" on the left hand side.

Your cooperation is appreciated and expected.

Bill

Thank you for sharing information about forums rules. Good Luck!

The signature is still incomplete as far as the position.

Gillenator

• 10 months later...