derma match and toppik??

Jpmonster,

Many hair loss sufferers have found success using concealers and include them in their restoration regiment. You should visit our hair loss learning center for more information on different concealers. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Yes, they are definitely life savers. I do not know what I would do without them. However, it depends how you apply them. If you buy the 25 gram size, you can still attach the separate spray/pump to it for a better result. It evenly throws it into all areas of the scalp. The spray/pump add on if used properly can also help create artificial temples and you get good at it with practice. But this product does buy a person time until a procedure and or limited use of hats. Depends on what your norwood scale is though and hair color. It works well on the crown. However, I would definitely use an umbrella if it is raining or not to put too much on if it is very hot out and you are sweating, as it may seem strange, dripping toppik with sweat. I would also avoid it on GEL, as under heavy white light, it might mix with the gel and turn out with a hint of purple if you are using the dark brown toppik/black toppik. It's preferred use is with dry hair. Just be careful not to get it in your eyes, forehead, or accidentally inhale the stuff. Give it a shot and they even have smaller sizes for you to try.

yes, like sean said, they are life savers. Saved me from being a hermit.

However, i would recommend nanogen. It does not stick to the scalp compared to the other brands and like i mentioned in another post, when i perspire and with toppik on, there is a green substance oozing out which i m not sure why... I did post this question before but seems nobody has any complains

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my shipment of Toppik yesterday. I only really have to conceal a bit but it does a GREAT job! It's like magic. Obviously, I can't use it on every occasion but for the most part, it seems to be fine. This is my assessment as of the last 2 days.

• 3 weeks later...
i LOVE toppik. my hair is jet black so i didnt have trouble matching colors but the baldspot thinning in back looks amazing after a few shakes. If u get it...wash it out before bed at night and give your scalp vacation from the plugging nature of toppik but boy oh boy...i an very pleased with the stuff

I am quite pleased with it. Obviously, I will have to switch it out for dermmatch (which I still have not tried) on special occasions. Toppik is a good daily-use thing. Just one question. I run water on my head before I go to sleep and don't wash off the Toppik with shampoo. Is that an issue? Could there be problems from lingering Toppik. I don't use much.

i occasionally just run water over mine as well. but if you sweat at the gym or something use shampoo at night. take days off from toppik as well. keeping the scalp clean and easy to breath is important

Wow! I am back in school so I am out a lot. Hence, I ALWAYS have it on except when I sleep (run water through it. I don't necessarily shampoo every night). It's done wonders for my desire to get out and stop being anti-social (a rather new feeling ever since the gaps in my head became impossible to conceal through any other means!). How many days off are you suggesting in a month?

oh, if im not really doin much on the weekends Ill wont use it at all.

OK! That is going to be tough for me to pull off since that is when most of the social stuff happens - but I'll try. It's addictive because it makes a WORLD of a difference. I just wish I didn't have to depend on it so soon!!! Thanks once again for the advice!