5 days post op

About day 3 post op the bridge of my nose and eyes started swelling they are getting worse now and its day 5. Is this something that is normal or what? I can only open my eyes about half way! Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Zac25,

Don't be too alarmed. Most patients experience some degree of post operative swelling. Some patients experience minimal or no swelling at all, others may experience a significant amount of swelling.

Dr Simmons tells his patients to, "hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst".

The good news - swelling usually peaks on the 5th day and then starts to go down. The worst is likely behind you. You should notice that your swelling will go down over the next few days and should be gone by the weekend.

I hope this helps.

Louise

Lead Hair Transplant Technician for Dr. Cam Simmons at the Seager Medical Group

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Zac25, did u wear a head band religiously from the moment u stepped out of the clinic? I hoped u did, as its a common practice. I did that, and only the forehead was swollen. Anything below the head band was not affected one bit

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Zac,

Postoperative swelling is a bit of an inconvenience but it's a very normal part of surgery. It typically begins a couple days after surgery and slowly moves down the face until it's gone less than a week post-op. I've seen some pretty extreme cases of swelling over the years but the good news is, it typically only lasts a few days.

All the best in restoring your hair,

Bill

It's day 7 now and all the swelling is gone. Now just waiting for the rest of the scabs to fall about 85% are already gone. Thank you everyone who replied, your comments and reassurance helped alot.