Donar site area lumpy

waveskier, when u mention small bumps, u mean a whole lot of them or just a few? Under close scrutiny, i prob can spot a few but from a distance, there is no way anyone can tell.

Balls, no, i dun feel my donor being lumpy ( at 2plus months now ) however, i agree that i still feel a very slight tinge of discomfort at times when i touch it.

Have u informed ur doctor?

Edited by wb280
wrong spelling

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

hairyballs,

You should speak to your doctor, and ask him if it's ok to gently massage the donor scar. It could be uneven formation of scar tissue.

waveskier,

Small bumps could be cobblestoning. Maybe you could post a pic.

take care...

I'm 4.5 months post-op and my scar is also bumpy. It was the same during my first hair transplant and it smoothed out in time. I'm prone to ingrown hairs and I have a few of them all along the scar.

During my first hair transplant I was really worried about this because I thought it meant my scar would heal in a raised fashion. I consulted with Dr. Alexander and he told me not to worry. He was right about it that time so I'm not worrying about it now. Maybe you are experiencing the same thing?

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Cobblestoning is when the graft isn't flush with the scalp and is actually sticking out above it ever so slightly.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

waveskier,

I have a similar situation. Dr. Arocha referred to it as "tenting", saying that it (tenting) occurs when the graft was left sticking out a bit and healed in that raised position. Cobblestoning has to do with the amount of tissue left in place around the hair follicle, before it was set into place in the recipient site. What you've described to me, sounds pretty similar to my situation=tenting.

Dr. Arocha said it was easily repairable with a small FUT :). You can plan for this for your next surgery. The majority of HT patients do 2 procedures. Don't worry.

P.S. You can try to scrub the area, (once your grafts have been firmly secured) when you are showering. The light dermal abrasion can over the course of a couple of weeks, reduce the raised bumps slightly, though it doesn't negate the fact that the grafts are elevated a bit.

Edited by mmhce

take care...