Was you desired hairstyle discussed as part of your surgical plan?

Did any of you guys discuss with your doc prior to surgery the desired hairstyle you plan to keep after your HT?

I have to believe that this is an important aspect to any short and long term planning. I believe that if grafts are placed in such a way that takes furture hairstyle into account, it can significantly improve the overall result.

Thoughts??

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Hi,

that's a very good question! I'm definitely going to discuss this with the surgeons I intend to consult over the next days/weeks - from the beginning. Actually, a top transplant should give you any styling option you wish, but as I want to wear my hair upwards, I believe that maximum density AND natural design of the hairline are even more important. Probably, this kind of hairstyle is really the one where every detail becomes most visible.

Interesting question, not least because it may be an unanswerable one because hair styles change over time with fashion. Whose to say in years to come, longer hair with a centre parting (for men), wont be in vogue again. I think the key for all of us looking at HT's is to discuss with our HT advisors/surgeons, so that realistic expectations are arrived at.

Great question! It seems like most transplant patients either comb it all straight back or part it on the side.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I agree that many HT patients comb back or to the side. I suppose the optimal way to keep the hair would be so it can layer. I am looking to keep it essentially "messed up" on top with bangs forward (Not a caesar cut) or the way EMAN keeps his hair if you remember him (Rahal patient) where it is somewhat to the side in from bu mostly forward behind that. I definately do not want to slick it back so I suppose telling the doc this will give him something to go on in that respect.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Actually, u can do the mohawk style, comb to the back, side, whatever, a good surgeon is still going to plant single hairs in front and followed by multi hairs. Do u guys feel it really matters a lot by discussing with the surgeon about your desired hair style in the first place?

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

HTs are an illusion and you can play a few games with the illusion but remember that length and color play a massive part. I couldn't get away with my current style without peroxide. I think it's an excellent question for any HT patient to present to his surgeon. In my experience docs with a disagreeable fashion sense can produce surprisingly good and interesting answers. Great question here.