2nd procedure with Dr. Ron Shapiro yesterday

Mercer

Hi All, just wanted to post that yesterday I had a second procedure with the very awesome Dr. Ron Shapiro. I did cut down all of my hair for the procedure per Dr Ron's recommendation but left hair on the sides to help hide the sutures.

Here is a pic I took of myself in the hotel. We were able to get 2631 grafts for my second HT. I have great scalp laxity but was hoping for more :( The goal was to beef up and lower the hairline just a tad and to address a decent portion going back towards the crown. We were going to also do the temples a bit but unfortunately ran out of grafts.

Interestingly, I had an a very high number of 1's and a lower number of 2's. I think this might have to do with my Asian background (Mom's side). I'm curious to see how this turn out many many many months from now.

The procedure was great. I did a quick consult with Dr Ron in the morning, had pre-op pics and was in the chair at about 8:20 AM. Lunch was at 1PM and the procedure finished up at about 6:00 PM.

I had the best hair washing at the clinic today, then had post op pics taken and then slept quite a bit at the hotel through out the day. I did way more sleeping after this HT then I did for my first back in Jan 09. I think I took about 6 hours worth of naps today :eek: but would wake up periodically to spray myself with graftcyte:D

wrxv7m.jpg

1st HT: 3271 Grafts (6167 Total Hairs) with Dr. Ron Shapiro on 15 Jan 2009: 31cm length strip x 1.75cm width (1's - 835, 2's - 2000, 3's - 412, 4's - 24)

2nd HT: 2631 Grafts (4574 Total Hairs) with Dr. Ron Shapiro on 10 Aug 2010: 34cm length strip x 1.7cm width (1's - 943, 2's - 1440, 3's - 241, 4's - 7)

Mercer,

Congratulations on your second hair transplant with world class hair restoration physician and Coalition member Dr. Ron Shapiro!

I encourage you to create a patient website to share photos and keep the community updated on your progress.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi Mercer

Congratulations on your second surgery with a great surgeon. I happened to read your blog but was not able to see your results from the 1st procedure. It appears that you had a signficant amount of grafts transplanted in the first procedure..Can you please share your experience regarding th growth and overall cosmetic improvement....good luck and i hope the 2nd HT will give you the result that you are hoping from

congratulations dude..the work looks fantastic as always from Dr Ron, im really happy for you and look forward to following your progress:D

regards bullit

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Bullit, thanks man. I've been following your progress as well and you are looking fabulous my friend!!

Danielkiwi, Thank you. I just added a photo album documenting my 1st HT with Dr Ron back in Jan 09. I'm still getting use to the new site and was not familiar with the new features for creating albums. Overall, I'm happy with how the first HT turned out. I did get a lot of compliments and I was amazed at how I could comb and style my hair.

For my 2nd HT I wanted to fill in my crown a bit and drop my hair line a tad as I felt my forehead was a bit too prominent looking in pictures. We also touched up the temples a tad. Not as much as Dr Ron wanted to as I unfortunately ran out of grafts.

I just got a prescription for Propecia and am getting ready to start using it. Probably better late than never as I waited for my 2nd HT to make up my mind on it.

1st HT: 3271 Grafts (6167 Total Hairs) with Dr. Ron Shapiro on 15 Jan 2009: 31cm length strip x 1.75cm width (1's - 835, 2's - 2000, 3's - 412, 4's - 24)

2nd HT: 2631 Grafts (4574 Total Hairs) with Dr. Ron Shapiro on 10 Aug 2010: 34cm length strip x 1.7cm width (1's - 943, 2's - 1440, 3's - 241, 4's - 7)

Hi Mercer,

We will send photos and surgery details to you tomorrow so you can update your thread and blog. We appreciate you sharing your experience on the ht forums. Heal well.

Best regards - SMG TEAM

Thanks Janna! You guys are truly fantastic in your work and patient care.

Great to see the Doc is still at his thing... I am a previous pt of Dr. Shapiro and I must say u have nothing but great days ahead of you Mercer... Janna and the whole staff treat you as a genuine human being before ever thinking of you as a dollar sign.... Love them you guys at SMG bring joy to so many lives, you should be so proud of yourselves... Looks great Mercer

You only live once...

Congrats Mercer. Can't wait to see your pics.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hey Mercer...congrats on a smooth procedure mate! Please let us know if you have any questions or need anything.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.