19 and balding fast

Yes, You are definetely too you for a HT - I just had mine done at age 39 - been on Propecia/Finasteride for 10 years and have had no side-effects whatsoever - if you want to have kids then you would not take the meds for a little while and you should be fine. Good Luck!

if you want to have kids then you would not take the meds for a little while and you should be fine.

I remember reading a study stating that the use of finasteride in a very minute minority of men caused lower sperm motility and motivity. But these seemed to be isolated cases.

Any comments on this would be welcome.

take care...

Yes, I agree with the others. First shave your head--not completely, just try buzzing it down with say a #3-4--and get on the meds. if you experience side effects you simply stop the meds. if you don't like the buzzed look you grow it back. that being said, with your level of loss, i wouldn't completely say no to getting an ht. if i were in your shoes i'd probably just get a megasession and do as much of the front as i could. i would also plant where there is some hair just in case that hair falls out (from future mpb). remember that you'll likely need at least 2 surgeries which can be quite costly.

but again, try the meds (for at least 1 year) and buzzed look first. then start consulting with ht docs (i'd recommend h&w for your level of loss).

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

thanks so much guys for the advice. really means alot... do you know how much ht typically cost? like in my case? being only 19, dont have much money so I really should start saving. would you happen to know any reputable docs around the DC/MD/VA I could have a consultation with?

Originally posted by baldboy123:

thanks so much guys for the advice. really means alot... do you know how much ht typically cost? like in my case? being only 19, dont have much money so I really should start saving. would you happen to know any reputable docs around the DC/MD/VA I could have a consultation with?

LOL ... you will likely find clipping your hair down short to 3/4 inch or so about 8-15$ at a local barber while a hair transplant may cost you $8000-$20,000 (give or take a several thousand, variabcle according to # grafts, Dr, FUT or FUE).

I wouldnt have been able to afford the procedure when I was 19 lets just say, luckily I didnt have any need for it then.

Get your hair shaved or clippered and post some pictures of your new hair style. Do some before and after shots. That would be cool.

You're looking at some big bucks for an ht. 3k grafts will run approximately $12k. you can always get a loan so start building some credit for yourself. just make sure to make your payments on time and don't abuse it.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I think everyone gave you good advice. Before you try shaving it, what does your scalp look like? If it looks bad from dandruff or inflamed, goto a derm and get it treated, otherwise you may loath the look when it actually looks good.

hope ya don't have the problem though.