Well 7 months and it's staring to thicken up, thank god I have two weddings at the end of the month! Does toppic work? Does it run if you get wet or sweat? Also is it true that between 8-10 months I should notice a significant growth and density? Is it common to grow stubble then it stops growing, will it start growing later and it's just in a dormant state? Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions

Hey Stripped, I'm about 7 months post op as well and I'm having similar issues that you are having too (regarding uneven growth).

Toppik works wonders for me but I haven't used it since last November; when grad school starts up in a few weeks I'll consider using it again unfortunately. Toppik runs a little bit when you sweat but maybe for you it won't; I suggest buying a travel size Toppik container and testing it out before you buy the one month supply. I've read multiple threads stating that between 8-10 months you'll see a considerable increase in density in the recipient area. The question is, does that refer to new hair growth or thickening of hair? Maybe both...I read different theories every day. Good luck with your future hair growth.

Patients have been telling me that a little dab of foam Rogaine or a touch of hair spray just prior to putting the Toppik works wonders. Just something to consider. Hang in there it really usually takes between 12-14 months to get the full results of the procedure.

I have used lots of stuff i.e rogaine, toppik, nanogen, couvre, dermatch etc...

If u have shaved for HT, i think it will be hard to use couvre and dermatch as the hair thickens together and IMHO, its a bit hard to style to cover the bald patch.

I would recommend u use Rogaine ( or Regaine ) to spray, leave it on for half an hour and u use ur hands to brush thru. It will look quite natural without the wet look and then u can sprinkle toppik or nanogen over it. Works for me all the time.

Oh btw, couvre and dermatch have their places but i only use it pre HT. When my hair grows back after 1 yr after op, i am sure i will go back to using :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys , I have another concern if someone can answer for me, is it natural or common, I have a fair bit of growth that came in but it stopped growing, it's like stubble between 1/8-1/4 inch long. Will this start to grow again later and it's just a cycle or dormancy? Or something wrong?

Thanks , it's been bothering me for some time good to know they will grow, curious why does some of it grow in like stubble and stop only to grow again later, when others come in very fine and contour to grow and thicken?