Who to choose??

So ive been researching a few different Dr's. I live in Utah and there is no one in Utah suggested on this site. So i have selected three that im looking into

Scott Alexander - AZ

Sharon Keene - AZ

Steve Gable - ID

Any opinions or feedback from anyone. any personal reviews or opinions also. thanks very much.

Contemplating54,

Dr Alexander, Dr Keene, and Dr Gable are all excellent hair transplant surgeons and members of the elite Coalition. Additionally, you may want to try further researching these physicians by utilizing the forum search function. I hope this helps! Please, feel free to ask any other questions and keep researching.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

FrankyKnuckles,

Just to answer your question, I do about 95% strip procedures. It depends on the patient and the yield you are looking for. If you are worried about the scar, I can show you some examples; my patients are very happy with the scars they are left with. With strip you won't be left with small scars throughout the donor area as well.

We can set up a consultation for over the phone if you'd like and get any questions you have answered. Just give my office a call.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi FrankyKnuckles,

I just wanted to add my 2 cents about the list of doctors you mentioned. Dr. Keene has an excellent reputation, and is known for having helped educate other doctors about hair restoration techniques that result in a natural, aesthetically pleasing appearance. At the time that doctor Keene started doing hair restoration surgery, many doctors were still doing plugs. She started back in the mid 90's doing micrografts, and aligning the hairs to match native hair so the results were completely natural. She has continually refined her techniqes, sharing and exchanging ideas with her fellow hair restoration surgeons, and continues to provide only state of the art procedures. She has thousands of very satisfied patients, and is recognized by her peers as one of the experts in the field of hair restoration.

Dr. Keene is one of the most accomplished hair restoratioin surgeons available, in my opinion, based on my many years of working with her and from seeing the results of her patients, as well as other doctors' patients. She does mainly the strip procedure for a number of reasons, (FUE is not scarless, it increases transection so provides less yield, it decreases the number of grafts that can be harvested from a safe zone, where we know the hair is permanent--for more details on this feel free to schedule a conference call with her) but she also does FUE occasionally, when it is appropriate, and preferred by the patient. Both procedures result in only very small scars in the donor area, and can result in a virtually undectable donor scar. In the patients where the donor stretches, it can happen with the FUE technique as well, and then it is harder to do an excision because the scars are distributed over a larger area.

She would be happy to offer you a phone conference--and it's always a good idea to talk to more than one doctor. If you would like to schedule a telephone conference call with Dr. Keene, please call the office at 1-800-840-9761.

I am a medical assistant and hair transplant surgical assistant employed by Dr. Keene

Dr. Keene is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians