dr feller ny

js2004

anyone have lunch time fue done with feller 200 fue? what type of results? have some receeding wondering if that can be repaired with only 200fue?

I've had strip with Feller and I'm in the Philadelphia area. If you private message me, you are more than welcome to come see the results for yourself in person.

I would sincerely value an opinion from someone seriously considering a Ht. My friends and I do not think my results are natural looking.

Dr. Feller repaired my hairline and the results look very natural. I also had him perform a 400 graft fue to restore my temple points. They are not fully grown out yet but are coming in quite nicely.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

200 grafts is a small session so all depends on your requirement (surface area /existing native density)

Dr Feller is very well regarded if you run a search on the various work so if you live locally line up a 1-2-1 consult with him to ideally recommend whether or not your eligble for such a small session. Alternatively email him your pics and he will revert back. See various pics info here from Dr Feller and his patients: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/137508-dr-feller-patient-topic-recent-pics-write-ups.html

email: info@fellermedical.com also cc me in if you like : spexhair@hotmail.co.uk

FYI John Malloy had a REPAIR session with Dr Feller in order to try resolve his situation (run a search on his pre op pics). He missed that part out for some reason...

I had my hairline repaired by Dr Feller and have had my result scrutinsed by 100's guys in person in every condition. NO one has been able to tell its a HT, even a repair HT.

Regards

Spex

Spex,

I'm just trying to let someone see the results in person before going through with an unreversable surgery.

I'm not attacking the Doc, as a matter of fact, I'm thinking of getting some FUE's into the scar from the doc,

I'm confused a little though at why you stress repair. Dr. Feller was extremely adament that my hair grew in exactly as he expected, and he thinks it looks great (maybe you need to clear that up with the doc) I however disagree. Once again, I'm not assigning blame. I just think my Ht is obvious.

Also, If your hair is sincerely undetectable after a repair from Dr. Feller, why should'nt my Ht be undetectable after a repair from the doc. My repair entailed a whole lot more grafts than yours. And, I think my starting point was a little better than yours also. But, I'm not here to argue, I'm here to share experiences.

My only goal is to educate people as to what (in Dr. Feller's words) a "decent" Ht looks like in person. My goal is not to deter any one from Feller, but to let them see the actual results of a "decent" Ht. Is that wrong? I wish I saw actual results before I took the plunge.

My only intent is to help someone out in a circumstance that I can relate to. I have no motive other than my honest experiences. I'm not compensated for my time on this forum. Can you say the same?

I think when it comes to the well being of a patient, my intent is a little more altruistic than yours Spex.

Trust me, I wish this forum never crossed my mind, but because I'm constantly uncomfortable with my situation, I tend to come back here time and time again.

Edited by John Malloy

John, My case is very similar to yours (repair, hair type etc.) and I think my results look like yours. However, I am very happy with my result and not a single person knows or seems to suspect I had any work done. HTs are subjective. I think it's great that you're making yourself available to other patients though and truly hope you find some peace regarding your hairloss. I know how stressful it can be....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hi john

I am sure all of us understand how stressed you might be feeling esp. after going through two procedures and not being totally satisfied...but as hair there suggested, a lot of this is subjective and depends on the eyes of an individual..i am in no way suggesting that you are incorrect in your assessment....i know you wanted somebody to come and take a look at your hairline. I am considering a HT and would love to see a patient who had undergone the procedure twice..I live in Maryland and thinkg should not be a big deal to come and meet you..that way, you will also get another third party unbiased opinion!!!Let me know if you are fine with that and i will PM you..

dr said very small procedure 300-350 fue to fill in back of temple and just along sides of hairline nothing in front hair is really thick. said 10days neither front or back where fue come from should really be noticable? said red hair and redish skin hides most and i still have really thick and alot of surrunding hair does that sound correct? anyone had a small fue done like that? doctor said such small prod.

Hi john

I am sure all of us understand how stressed you might be feeling esp. after going through two procedures and not being totally satisfied...but as hair there suggested, a lot of this is subjective and depends on the eyes of an individual..i am in no way suggesting that you are incorrect in your assessment....i know you wanted somebody to come and take a look at your hairline. I am considering a HT and would love to see a patient who had undergone the procedure twice..I live in Maryland and thinkg should not be a big deal to come and meet you..that way, you will also get another third party unbiased opinion!!!Let me know if you are fine with that and i will PM you..

Absoulutely, I actually look forward to it. As I said in the past, I'm not bashing Feller in any way. I'm just stateing my honest opinion of my finished result. Most of my friends share in my assesment. I have a few friends that are receding and not one of then were interested in going the route I went.

Usually if someone sees something that their pleased with and it would suit their needs, they will inquire; however, none of my receding friends have any interest.

JS,

Even a small procedure can make a massive cosmetic difference if the procedure is performed correctly and appropriately.

Take this small case of a patient who had poor work performed in the past at a large chain clinic. He had many two hair grafts placed on his hairline which gave him a very unnatural look. To fix him, we simply used FUE technique to fill between the old grafts. The result, below, thickens and softens the hairline.

Just place your cursor over an image below and click to see it enlarge.

Best of luck,

Dr. Alan Feller

1.jpg.434f9525c07d4347ba5ecf80d87f8765.jpg

1selgab.jpg.8de131361897231efab0f4f1796e20a4.jpg

2.jpg.79403cc2084bb27b2e444876969a8d17.jpg

2selgab.jpg.3b644ee62b48d0e53eb1a4c2a45b71ff.jpg

front.jpg.34b4271d5cddf4aba830c461e78b3b28.jpg

side.jpg.cf879961088c634ab839201a87bd2ff3.jpg

5.jpg.772636a6f3077343043ec3e35adb4bb3.jpg

Dr Feller I have heard nothing but good things about u. Can i send u some phots to look at? u are about 2-3hrs from me would u be able to give an opion with pics and if so set up procuder. Dr i saw said it would be almost undectable after a week and said 1 and 2 hair grafts with 1.25 punch which make me a little concerned because sounds alot bigger than what many other doctors use. he said 350 grafts and if needs couple more would only charge for 350. I would rather use someone like yourself who has a great reputation.

• 2 weeks later...
johnmalloy,

i will give you my opinion.

Do whatever you want as far as im concerned, im only trying to help to original poster with accurate info. I am also making everyone aware that you, in actual fact were a repair patient prior to going to dr feller and had very poor work performed previously - so bad that grafts had to be removed. A fact you tend to leave out your posts for whatever reason.. And therefore many reader interperit that you were only ever treated by dr feller. I am only making the reader/posters aware this.

Thats a matter of opinion as i have many emails from people asking me about your case and all think you were only ever treated by dr feller due to the tone/ nature of your postings as you rarely mention your pre op condition with dr feller. Had you only ever gone to dr feller i would not have to inform everyone publically or privately, actually i doubt you would be online at all. I would be suprised if dr feller would want to attempt any further surgery on you in light the way you have portrayed him online rather than speaking to him privately.

I am not going to speak for the doc by i imagine compared to where you were pre op with dr feller and where you are now that dr feller does feels its a successful repair case and that he is proud of your results considering what you bought to the table and the pre op state you were in.

I disagree. You are completely different to me. You had much worse pre op state with mini/micros below the hairline and clearly had very poor work performed in comparison to me. You had a larger area addressed, have completely different hair characteristics, different physiology no doubt and also due to previous surgery will have unknown scar tissue in your recipient area that will most certainly differ to me and mine. So don't try compare to me or anyone for that matter - we are all unique, especially when it comes to repair.

If you show them all when talking, posting and meeting in person your pre op state then thats a fair way, not otherwise in my opinion. You are only giving people half the story if you dont and as your post portray only went to feller. Had you gone only to dr feller then i wouldn't be posting here and spending large amounts of time informing others you had a very bad surgery prior to seeing him for your repair.

Yes i can, i am not compensated for any time spent time on the forums, gosh i wish i was, especially on topics involving yourself. I am compensated for helping uk patients schedule surgery, not time spent on forums. I spend my time on the forums to help educate and was on the forums years prior to any affiliation with dr feller. However try discredit me all you like if thats what your attempting.

I genuiely wish you all the best and i hope you seek a reslove for yourself.

This is my last post on this topic.

spex,

you are mighty defensive. You say the only fair way to evaluate feller's repair is to show my post op state--- i disagree.

I want people to see the difference between the pictures that you post and my results in person. If my hair looks as good as the pics you and the doc post, you should be paying people's airfare to come see my results. Unfortunately, for me, they don't.

As far as you not getting paid for posting--are you serious? That is like saying wal-mart does not get paid for commercials. It is a mean to an end

regarding feller doing my repair-- yeah, i pretty much assumed that ship sailed when he did not return my phone calls for over a month now. I sincerely believe at this point that the only reason he saw me for a post op was to take his pictures at his preferred angles. Could i be wrong? Maybe, but that is how i sincerely feel at this point.

I'm just extremely angry that i paid the doc over 8,ooo dollars and the only service i get from him is my actual surgery and a 1 hour post- op. Oh well, i guess that's business. AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SAY I SHOULD HAVE DISCUSSED THIS MATTER PRIVATELY WITH THE DOC. I TRIED FOR MONTHS TO LOOK AT THINGS FROM THE DOC'S PERSPECTIVE, BUT AT THIS POINT, I THINK THE WAY THE DOC HANDELED MY CASE WAS DISGUSTING. THAT IS HOW I FEEL.

AS I ALWAYS SAY, MY AGENDA COMING IN TO ALL OF THIS WAS NOT TO BE POSTING ON A HT FORUM, BUT WHILE THE DOC DID NOT DO MY FIRST SURGERY, HE WAS ADAMENT THAT I WAS AN EASY FIX, I WOULD NOT HAVE VENTURED INTO A SECOND PROCEDURE IF I WAS NOT SOLD ON AN EASY REPAIR. WHILE THE DOC'S RECIPENT AREA LOOKS BETTER THAN MY FIRST DOC'S WORK, I'M STILL IN A SITUATION WHERE I LOOK UNNATURAL. DOES IT REALLY MATTER THAT I DON'T LOOK AS UNNATURAL. EITHER WAY, I'M STILL NOT OUT OF THE TUNNEL FROM MY FIRST HT, AND I'M STILL LOOKING FOR OPTION'S SUCH AS BUZZING MY HEAD.

THAT IS WHERE I'M AT.

Edited by John Malloy

John, Unless your HT looks drastically different in person than it does in those pics, it's really hard to understand why you are so unhappy. From looking at the pre, intra, and post ops, dr. feller did everything right. Could you post pictures that perhaps show how you think your hair really looks (unflattering light, angles, etc?). Because, honestly, until you do, it's going to be hard for you to find folks on here that are sympathetic--there are guys on here that are severely balding and your hair truly looks enviable to me.

John, Unless your HT looks drastically different in person than it does in those pics, it's really hard to understand why you are so unhappy. From looking at the pre, intra, and post ops, dr. feller did everything right. Could you post pictures that perhaps show how you think your hair really looks (unflattering light, angles, etc?). Because, honestly, until you do, it's going to be hard for you to find folks on here that are sympathetic--there are guys on here that are severely balding and your hair truly looks enviable to me.

Hey hairthere,

To be honest, I'm not looking for sympathy. I just dont want people thinking of a ht to base their decision on pics (especially of mine). When you say unless my hair looks "drastically different", I guess I can't answer that because I don't know your definition of drastic. But, I can say that in pics my hair looks fantastic, but in person, it just does not look right. Does everyone know that I had a ht? probably not, but something just is not right to people that don't understand ht's. If anyone knows anything about ht's, then it is clear that I had one.

I guess the reason that I'm so unhappy is because I started down this path to look a little better, and not to look artificial.

Now, while Dr. Feller did not put me in this position because he did not perform my first ht, I feel that he overpromised with results and his repair was average at best. And, I just feel that my results are being exaggerated in his pics which I feel is very misleading to people that are considering a ht or a ht repair.

Hey if guys like drrj can post about how happy they are with their results time and time again, can't I post that I'm unhappy with my repair?

John, Of course you are allowed to post about how unhappy you are, and no one can change the fact that you feel that way. But, the problem is that, imo, your feelings about the HT, and the pics of the HT just don't add up. Any HT, if scrutinized close enough, will not look totally natural. And I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that your donor hair's quality will always be different than the original hairline hair.

What do you think Dr. Feller (or any doc) could have done differently to make your repair a success?

I see no fault in Feller's work with this case, but I can also see where Malloy is coming from. I think it has less to do with the fact that he had poor previous work than it does the issue of his hair characteristics and low hairline design. I could be wrong, but it appears to me that he has coarse black hair on pale white skin. So even if he would have been a virgin head I think there would have been major challenges anyway to get his hairline to look non-artificial -- and this would apply to any doc.

"Hairthere", I disagree that any HT scrutinized close enough will look artificial. I've seen quite a few in person before taking the plunge myself, and pretty much in every case those with coarse dark hair on white skin looked artificial to me. These were all virgin patients from top docs too. On the other hand, the patients I have seen with medium to finer hair were completely undetectable to me as a HT! And I have a VERY critical eye. This is what truly convinced me to go forward knowing my hair was not coarse and my skin/hair contrast was in the middle as well.

Had I not observed this and known that my hair characteristics were medium fine I would not have ventured into HT surgery myself. I think Malloy is hyper-critical like me and if people have suspicions about his hairline being artificial that could be a source of extreme anxiety. I personally would not be happy with the "wall of hair" broad hairline that he has; I prefer a soft, feathered transition zone into the hairline with finer hairs because my concern for undetectability is much higher than it is for superman density.

It just seems very sad for him because his first HT was a total disaster, and he also seems to have the most difficult characteristics to make a HT look natural in the first place. Double whammy! I think Feller did the best any doc could possibly do for him today given the circumstances.

Edited by EpilepticSceptic

John,

I see nothing wrong with you offering to meet prospective patients so they can see your results in person. However, I'm trying to determine what you're still unhappy about. You claim you've been trying to get a hold of Dr. Feller for the last month without success. Have you called the clinic? Per Spex, I believe Dr. Feller may be out of town for a couple of weeks. Perhaps this is why you're having a hard time getting a hold of him.

While we welcome all patients to share their genuine experiences on this forum, continuing to express your dissatisfaction multiple unrelated Dr. Feller topics is beginning to disrupt the flow of the community. Your experience and dissatisfaction is already well known on this forum even though members of this community aren't sure exactly why given how natural your hair looks in pictures.

At this point, I think you need to determine what it is you want in order to move forward and stop looking backwards. If it means continuing to work with Dr. Feller, than I'll be happy to help you get in contact with him when he returns. Feel free to contact me privately by email at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com or on my cell at 954-558-0579.

Best wishes,

Bill