pimple day 18 should i worry?

ive had a pimple come up undera graft at day 18? should i b concerned is it infected? or should i pop it?

i know spots happen and its normal part of healing but isnt that later on down the line at day 18 its suspicouse isnt it infection?

Your grafts are secure at about the 7-10 day mark following hair transplantation so popping the pimple at your stage won't cause the graft to pop out with it. ;)

I have had several pimples post-op (I am at 3 months following my surgery), and they started at about the same timeframe you are seeing yours "pop" up. My hair restoration physician advised against popping them, but I have to honestly say that I couldn't resist with some of them since they just looked ready and popped quite easily. Besides, it can be so rewarding to see the puss ooze out! :P Anyway, I have been trying my best to simply leave them alone and for the most part, I can manage that.

I think the biggest concern with popping the pimples is scarring in the recipient area. Anytime you damage the integrity of the skin, there is a risk of scarring, especially if done repeatedly in the same area. That is enough of a reason to leave them alone if at all possible... at least in my opinion. (But then again, like I said, there have been a few that I just couldn't help myself; and so far, I haven't seen anything negative come out of popping them.)

It's not out of ordinary to get few pimples 2+ weeks post op. We like our patients to notify us as soon as they see them on recipient or donor site so we can note it in their chart and to help treat it.

• 1 month later...