Dr. Carlos Uebel - Brazil

King_FUT

I have yet to hear him mentioned here. I would love some feedback on him. Anyone know him? He is in Brazil (he has offices in Europe too I hear) I am impressed and am planning a trip down there next month sometime. With his experience and pioneering efforts in the field of HT it seems an obvious choice. Toss in the fact that he is approx. $3 a graft and $4 for FUE grafts (the exchange rate is 3x!).

Here is what I know about him...see his work at [] Although he does FUE (since the 80's) but thinks that many hairs are damaged by this technique (transection..I think it is called). His current technique for the recipient holes is done with an erbium laser...this prevents the pucker that normal FU slits create. He is about to publish a paper about his success with a new technique using Platelet Growth factors for hair density and growth and is one of worlds top research doctors in terms of his work in hair cloning and utilizing stem cells for hair growth. He was highly recommended by one of the top plasic surgeons in Los Angeles....apparently a lot of celebrities go to this guy. Google him, you will see he is pretty highly regarded.

I have yet to hear him mentioned here. I would love some feedback on him. Anyone know him? He is in Brazil (he has offices in Europe too I hear) I am impressed and am planning a trip down there next month sometime. With his experience and pioneering efforts in the field of HT it seems an obvious choice. Toss in the fact that he is approx. $3 a graft and $4 for FUE grafts (the exchange rate is 3x!).

Here is what I know about him...see his work at [] Although he does FUE (since the 80's) but thinks that many hairs are damaged by this technique (transection..I think it is called). His current technique for the recipient holes is done with an erbium laser...this prevents the pucker that normal FU slits create. He is about to publish a paper about his success with a new technique using Platelet Growth factors for hair density and growth and is one of worlds top research doctors in terms of his work in hair cloning and utilizing stem cells for hair growth. He was highly recommended by one of the top plasic surgeons in Los Angeles....apparently a lot of celebrities go to this guy. Google him, you will see he is pretty highly regarded.

• 2 weeks later...

One ht doctor told me Carlos was the one who came up with micrografting way back in 1982 when everyone else was doing plugs.

But I never heard he did fue.

I think you are confusing his strip method with fue.

BTW, do u have a link to him with an english website.

Going to Dr.AP for Body hair transplant and fue

Just hit the yellow ENGLISH button. I know what FUE is and he does FUE (and has since the early 80's). Some doctors and patients talk like it is something new, when in fact it was considered a far less superior method because of the root damage it caused. Doctors don't like to do it I have found...Rassman, Berstein....even Uebel. But I am determined not to have a big long scar for just 1200 grafts. I am investigating hair multiplication also in mexico [] .

King FUT,

In keeping with the forum rules, I had to edit out your links to outside websites that were promotional in content. An easy way around this is just to say the physician's name and let other forum members google it.

Thank you for your cooperation with forum policy.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Dr. Ellenbogen and Dr. Glassman two of the top plastic surgeons in the LA/Beverly Hills area? If they are both recommending this doctor in Brazil then that should say something. Still do your own research too, of course.

• 8 months later...

I received a Punctiform Micrograft technique from Dr Uebel this past Tuesday in Brasil

Originally posted by ram123:

Hi ,

I would like to talk to you about Dr.Uebel, could you please send me your contact info to my email.

rbandaru2000@yahoo.com

thanks

-Ram

I had a proceedure done by dr uebel this last uesday

Originally posted by King_FUT:

• 5 months later...

Great, so why is it I hear alarm bells going off in my head?

Maybe because you haven't offered ANY information about your session, and future work, nor have you allowed any time to see the FULL results of the Doc's work.

Posted by Wes June 30, 2006

I had a HT WITH DR.UEBEL IN PORTO ALEGRE LAST TUESDAY-it was not an FU, and I AM HOPING TO GET THE RESULTS OF A FU, they said they don't count the grafts, only that they do dense packing and megasessions??

I will say that I am glad that you are happy, but I would like to see some pics, not some crazy advertisement post with a phone number or email attached to it!!!!

Anyway, as one fellow sufferer to another, congrats on you surgery and happy growing!!!!!

Just watch how you are throwing your info out there, bud!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

His email and phone number were posted on another thread too....I reported it, but maybe Pat didn't get it yet or didn't deem it worth removing.

Either way...it's hard to figure out people like that. Is it an advertisement? A scam? Or just someone who doesn't know any better posting generalizations? Maybe all of the above...oh well.

Bill