Yo Spex,

Man, I love the pics of your hair in sunlight ! I think our hair types are a bit similar in the way the hair sits on the head, slightly wavy.

What was your hair shaft diameter classification ? And how many grafts total did you have to the front third ?

Did you have any crown work ?

Edited by EpilepticSceptic

sparky

I would classify myself as Norwood 4..with diffused thinnning throughout!!!! doctors have told me that they will focus on the frontal 2/3 (around 3000 grafts) and not touch the crown in the first procedure...they might adress it later..all of them have said that meds are the key and this is where my problem starts.....i am on meds right now but not sure how long i can continue...it is giving me a lot of emotional stress and i am begginning to wonder if this is really worth it...hence i was keen on a FUE so that i can throw in the towel anytime in my life without worrying about the scar..

Spex - I had scheduled surgery with one of the top docs recommended on this forum but have cancelled it for now as i feel i need to do additional research..i will not disclose the name of the doc as i really respect him and dont want to send any wrong signals.....i havent sent my pictures to you yet as i wanted to forget about these issues for a while as they were really affecting me mentally...but you seem to be a knowledeable guy and am sure will give me an honest opinion!!!I will send my pictures tonite....please feel free to give an honest opinion.,,i will not be dissapointed if i am not a candidate!

D,

Man, not meaning to pry but are you having any really bad sides with the finasteride ?

there is nothing to hide from you guys ES....i will tell you exactly what the problem is...I have started propecia about three months back after getting a prescriptions from a HT doctor...but my childhood physician is totally against it and tried to brain wash me by saying that many people have displayed irreversible side effects and told me it is not worth it..i still went ahead and started taking the medication..in the meantime i booked the HT procedure as well....as some time went by my mind started to imagine all these side effects and like a chain reaction it lead to mental issues as well...i also had an opportunity to bang a smoking hot blonde chick but could not get it up when it mattered...i felt really bad more for the woman than for myself....i tried to be mentally strong and hit the gym bigtime to make myself more confident...the ED sides seem to have subsided but it looks like my mental issues still exist as i keep imagining that the sides will come back and be irreversible...between all this chaos, i was not sure if i should do a FUT as i might not be able to continue on the meds and do not want half a head of hair....hence, i cancelled my procedure to take care of my emotional issues for now and see if i want to commit to propecia long term...it is a tough time for me but i am sure god will give me the courage to get over it!!!!!!

there is nothing to hide from you guys ES....i will tell you exactly what the problem is...I have started propecia about three months back after getting a prescriptions from a HT doctor...but my childhood physician is totally against it and tried to brain wash me by saying that many people have displayed irreversible side effects and told me it is not worth it..i still went ahead and started taking the medication..in the meantime i booked the HT procedure as well....as some time went by my mind started to imagine all these side effects and like a chain reaction it lead to mental issues as well...i also had an opportunity to bang a smoking hot blonde chick but could not get it up when it mattered...i felt really bad more for the woman than for myself....i tried to be mentally strong and hit the gym bigtime to make myself more confident...the ED sides seem to have subsided but it looks like my mental issues still exist as i keep imagining that the sides will come back and be irreversible...between all this chaos, i was not sure if i should do a FUT as i might not be able to continue on the meds and do not want half a head of hair....hence, i cancelled my procedure to take care of my emotional issues for now and see if i want to commit to propecia long term...it is a tough time for me but i am sure god will give me the courage to get over it!!!!!!

D,

I would say that the 1 year mark on Fin is the likely point where 1) you will know if it is working 2) you will see if any sides will be a problem

However, the ED situation is something I have never encountered personally. I thought at times that this might be the case because urges to masturbate had substantially diminished; but once a hot chick was in the room and coming on to me, forget it bro cause my willy would spring to attention and get rock hard in a millisecond.

Another crazy thing I noticed as a result of Fin use was that I could hold back quite a bit longer on ejaculations than in the pre-Fin days. This came as a suprise, and one long term girlfriend even felt I was a better lover post-Fin cause it would give her alot more time to enjoy the ride before I would explode.

One thing is for sure though: sex in general is DEFINITELY less of an obsession than it was pre-Fin. For a guy in his 20s this might seem like the end of the world, but at 41 it feels more like a blessing. I actually now have the ability to resist women, whereas before there was absolutely no control. Also, I used to masturbate quite often and could think about nothing other than sex most of the time. This was a BIG problem in college because it made it very difficult to focus on studies while I was just trying to keep down erections in the classroom staring at the girl's tits sitting next to me.

So for me the Fin use seems to have balanced something out. The one regret I have is the watery semen, and also that orgasms are not as intense feeling as they used to be. Pre-Fin days I would have orgasms that could hit the ceiling (literally)and made my whole body shudder -- that's how intense they were. These days with the right woman I can get close to that feeling again; but with masturbation forget it, aint gonna happen!

It's like a junkie who wants to get that high back of the first time he shot up cocaine, but the feeling can never be the same again. I guess in my case it's also partly due to age being 41 and wanting the sex to feel like it did when i was 22 again. :(

Edited by EpilepticSceptic

Nice one ES..your post surely lightens things up..i especially like the part when you talk about getting erections looking at girls tits in class..i think all of us can relate to that and i was uncontrollable at times too...it is funny you mention the less intense orgasms....i started noticing that too but after a nice session of pumping iron everything seems to come back to normal....before when i started taking prop and hadnt exercised for about 6mos...it would be like ejaculating from a soft errection...that is what drove me nuts plus the blonde experience......i am just scared that this might come back to haunt me anytime in life..and then if i have already had the FUT, it would be one way traffic with no looking back..i want to make sure i bang some chicks with supreme confidence to say that i am comfortable with propecia effects on my body...havent had an experience after that blonde chick...you should try doing intense workouts if you want the 21 year old feeling.....it might do the trick for you..i am not really concerned about the watery semen part....

I think it takes a really strong and mentally stable mind to go through this HT journey and my hats off to you and everybody else who have taken the plunge..you guys are awesome and definitely have the balls..i thought i had them too but need some more time to figure out how strong they are!!!!

D,

Yeah, I should probably pump some iron to beef up my chest a bit. But as it is now I ride 10 miles a day on my bike and don't feel much different than I did when I was 25. I've seen guys my age who look pregnant they are so fat and out of shape.

Ultimately I'm a believer in that the human mind and will is stronger than anything else in life. If you REALLY want to do something you can accomplish anything, and you can also overcome anything. There are those who believe they can and those who believe (or are afraid) they can't; this applies to almost everything in life and seems to be what divides successful people from unsuccessful people, happy from unhappy. So if you really believe you will have the sides and they will be intolerable, then there is a very strong chance your belief will make that become a reality.

D,

Yeah, I should probably pump some iron to beef up my chest a bit. But as it is now I ride 10 miles a day on my bike and don't feel much different than I did when I was 25. I've seen guys my age who look pregnant they are so fat and out of shape.

Ultimately I'm a believer in that the human mind and will is stronger than anything else in life. If you REALLY want to do something you can accomplish anything, and you can also overcome anything. There are those who believe they can and those who believe (or are afraid) they can't; this applies to almost everything in life and seems to be what divides successful people from unsuccessful people, happy from unhappy. So if you really believe you will have the sides and they will be intolerable, then there is a very strong chance your belief will make that become a reality.

Well said ES..mind is indeed a very strong thing..one who has control over the mind will have control over the world!!!