Has anyone on this forum had a ht with out meds./

it is not recommended churchies unless you want to keep chasing this all your life...however, if you can be happy with covering 50% of you scalp with multiple procedures, you could still be fine...again it depends on what is your age and where you stand on the norwood scale currently..but please be aware that MPB will progress and you will have to do multiple procedures

i had HT last month but have not tried the meds. Just too worried on the sides. I am mid 30s and prob a NW 2. Just had the HT to fill up my frontal forelock. I heard that the meds are very good for the crown but doc had advised me that if i m so worried on the meds, i can go in for a 2nd HT just for a crown. keeping my fingers crossed mates!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

i had HT last month but have not tried the meds. Just too worried on the sides. I am mid 30s and prob a NW 2. Just had the HT to fill up my frontal forelock. I heard that the meds are very good for the crown but doc had advised me that if i m so worried on the meds, i can go in for a 2nd HT just for a crown. keeping my fingers crossed mates!

You are very lucky to only be a NW2. I'd at least try the meds. The side effects are usually rare. I didn't have any. If you do have sides, they usually disappear as time goes on. Don't ruin your hair out of fear!!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I am starting to loose my remaing hair at a faster rate...

Damn this is what sucks about propecia. I think everyone should prepare for a HT by considering the possibility that they will not be on meds all their life...anything (side effect) could happen after 3-4 years and people might want to get out of meds. I think if we are emotinally prepared to have multiple procedures as MPB progress, this would solve a lot of issues!!

i had a procedure with dr. umar and was informed to get on rogaine before the op. i told him i hadn't done it on the operation day and he said it was more for the body hair transplant people. afterwards, he gave me a minoxidil gel to apply to my reciept area that i did until it ran out now i havent done any meds for about three weeks and am wondering/considering using the rogaine foam that he recommended once the gel ran out...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I had not and I am not using any medications since my HT on Dec 6th 2008, before HT I googled the net about pros and cons of HT , gone through the medication list and side effects of those , the Propecia side effects are minimum, say 2% of people will lose Sex Life like EDF, Loss of Erection etc.,

I thought what if I am in one of those 2% people, A man can live without hair / with bald head, but a normal MAN cannot live without sex as it will effect not only his personal life but also “FAMILY” life .. So I decided not to go for medication from the day one.

Also the hair fall will be more when you stop the medications. I personally feel the hair loss is GENETIC.

As the "STEM CELL" technology is improving rapidly we may see in the near future NO HT but only the docs will inject the hair stem cells in to ones scalp so the new hair will grow in the desired area. Lets hope for the best….

Regards

RRVG