Before and after two procedures totaling 3489 grafts by Dr. William Rassman of NHI

This patient is a Caucasian male in his mid 60's who came to us because he was simply tired of his baldness. He had been bald for quite a while at this point, as is evident by his norwood class 7 status, and although he had little hope of anyone being able to help him in his fairly extreme predicament, he came to us. After two procedures totaling 34898 grafts, (1890 in the first procedure, 1599 one year later), these are the results. Very dramatic!

It seems counter intuitive, but often patients with extreme levels of hair loss such as this patient can be very good candidates for surgery. Because they have such little hair on the top of their scalp, even a modest number of grafts can have a profound effect upon the appearance of the patient. And as I'm sure you're aware if you're on a hair transplant site such as this, hair transplantation is not usually about giving a person a full head of hair, but instead to give the appearance of a full head of hair.

Another note about this patients photos, you may notice that the after photos appear to be a bit more exposed (brighter) than the before photos. This was not a mistake. One of the dirty little secrets about before and after photography of hair transplant patients is that lighting can make a big difference in whether hair appears thinner or thicker, with a darker photo making hair appear fuller and thicker, and more light making hair appear thinner. For examples of this, please click this link. You can see that even with this patients photos exposed a little higher than normal, his hair still looks very good.

Even in his mid 60's, this patient has found a new lease on life, and has found a lot of peace in his physical appearance. And we're quite proud of his results and our work in helping him achieve them.

ima_b01_lg.jpgima_a01_lg.jpg

ima_b02_lg.jpgima_a02_lg.jpg

ima_b03_lg.jpgima_a03_lg.jpg

With these older patients, a little goes a long way. In my opinion, this gentleman has received a dramatic and age appropriate transformation.

Great job by Dr. Rassman!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to do anything with such fine, almost "invisible" hair. Dr. Rassman made the most of it and now this gentleman looks years younger. Fine job!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

NewHairInstitute,

Excellent work! The results look extremely natural and I think the cosmetic improvement is quite significant. Nicely done.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

can we see view on top too?

to be honest, i think 3489 grafts should give more fuller look. for example if you compare these results with this guy (3000 grafts) http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/156992-dr-mike-meshkin-3000-grafts.html then those results are like day and night.

i think rassman has great blog and he sells himself using it but i'm not impressed about his results.

oh. i see these are results after 1599 grafts. and he has lost all of those 1890 grafts what he got from 1st procedure?

its funny to think now what some ht doctors tell (least rassman have told this in his blog very often) - if transplanted hair start to grow then they are permanent. we see it's not true at all :)