Seasonal Shedding?

Ive noticed more shedding in the last couple of months when I wash my hair in the sink. The hairs in the sink don't look like miniaturized hairs either.

Is there more active hairs in the telogen phase during certain times of the year than others? I thought the human hair cycles were more asynchronous than say dogs. I remember being in a similar situation this time of year last year.

Ive noticed more shedding in the last couple of months when I wash my hair in the sink. The hairs in the sink don't look like miniaturized hairs either.

Is there more active hairs in the telogen phase during certain times of the year than others? I thought the human hair cycles were more asynchronous than say dogs. I remember being in a similar situation this time of year last year.

Definite seasonal shed going on here. It suuuuuuucks.

800+- Bosley NY, June 2005

1300+- Dr. Feller, December 2008

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1021

We should be on here to help and look out for each other, not to make someone feel worse about their situation.

Assuming one did have seasonal sheds, either due to climate changes (like dogs) or for other reasons, does it make sense to avoid a strip HT during the shed cycle? Or, when the doctor performs the HT, can they still harvest a dormant follicle?

If they cannot, you would certainly be harming your donor supply.

• 4 weeks later...

Forgive my ignorance, but I was always under the impression that the telogen phase of the hair growth cycle, is independent of any seasonal variations in any climate.

Would someone please elaborate on this natural phenomenon, if such a thing really does exist?

I am resident in the Tropics and also non-Caucasian.

There are only two seasons here: wet and dry.

take care...