Sunnycoastmans 7 months after HT with Dr Path

Foe those who dont know me I had 4160 grafts with Dr Path on 25 Nov 2009. Im 56 yo next month. So heres some update pics. I think I have more thickening to come on the crown area. It was much slower than the front, like months slower. Im pretty happy with my decision and with progress and feel so much better about my appearance. Of course I wish I had more hair....strange that...:-) but at my age Im grateful for what has been achieved. My scar site feels good. sorry I have no pics of it. Have to get someone else to take the pics. I will get some soon tho and post them.

Some pics are attached. One is taken august 2009 when I first decided to get a HT, showing my main bald area. The frontal one with hair slicked back was taken at the clinic on 25 Nov 2009. The others were taken today, June 28 2010

Hey WB, so you got your HT done. Good on yer mate!! Look forward to seeing your progress.......cheers

Sunny

5b32c9cc30357_GrahamHall(4)1(Medium).jpg.0ea336ff782d5546c0f1c7b9423ffa1f.jpg

5b32c9cc4598e_IMGP79581(Medium).JPG.4059d10d10ee730d358e0742aeb2a629.JPG

5b32c9cc53337_DSC00595(Medium).JPG.f17e44809c84780687e46842346c9492.JPG

5b32c9cc6b9d8_DSC00611(Medium).JPG.84404bbc1e8034ddaa560a655e5b0486.JPG

5b32c9cc80610_DSC00626(Medium).JPG.eba93cd9212ed0e2c4059d20eb34245c.JPG

5b32c9cc902dc_DSC00627(Medium).JPG.fba6f9853742f56b2e805e3caf5c1df6.JPG

hey sunny!!! how ya doing matey? :) yah i had mine done on 15/6/10 so i have a long long way to go ! My donor area is healing well considering i am only 2 weeks post op. Scabs have formed but i did not dare to rub so i am letting them drop slowly :)

You are doing great mate, and u are only half way there!! Grow, grow, grow!!!

Dr Pat held the ISHRS regional meeting last week so they are v busy hence i can prob get my post op pics by this week. Will post them up asap!

oh yah, before i forget, i have nvr gone thru a full 2 weeks without touching any weights. I normally go on circuit training, comprising of push up pull etc squats leg raises etc.

I remembered u are a fitness buff sir, so any advice when i can hit my circuits again? I did some light cycling and walking of stairs ( really hate to go out in cap unles i have to so i stick to stairs climbing as i wun meet anyone ). I was expecting some itch on the donor or recipient due to sweat but i was relieved there was none. Now i know that cardio is not an issue, i would like to know when it is time to hit the gym again!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Looks really good . It is still only 7 months and you can expect more maturation of the hairs.

How many of the grafts went to the crown ? It is a definite improvement of the crown and also remember crown grafts seem to take longer to grow for some patients.

Thanks for the comments guys. Its true the crown has taken alot longer to grow and I know it will mature further in the coming months. Overall Im happy with the result. Its sure been good to see hair growing instead of going!

Dont know how many grafts went into the crown. I think maybe 3400 in the crown and around 800 in the front but thats a guess. Im pleased that I have a natural looking result. Im on vacation in america right now...been here 8 weeks so my workmates back in Oz will probably notice a change when I get back. A friend over here commented about my crown growing and I told her I was taking propecia which is true, and how its worked really well for me. My gf is the only one who knows about my HT and I intend to keep it that way.

WB, I started working out 1 week after my HT using 50% of my normal weights and higher reps. Youre 2 weeks now so should be good to start training again. stay away from squats, chins, trap work, situps and anything that pulls on the suture line. be careful with your overhead shoulder presses becz the traps come into play. also breathe through the reps to minimise build up of cranial pressure. cycling and the treadmill is ok, so you can go for it on those. I was back to my normal weights and routine week 5 after the HT. I look forward to seeing your HT progress mate. Its an exciting time.

cheers

Sunny

Sunny! Yah i am concentrating on cardio now but my normal routine covers a full circuit body weight training plus intervals of burpees to finish it up... feels so lousy since i stopped training due to surgery.

i was so tempted to do something but u sure u did not accidentally stretched the scar? how about pull up? thats the grand daddy of all my training moves and i would really love to get back under the bar :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730