Cannot seach the forum for keywords

Balboa

the search forum button is not working right it keeps searching members and bringing up lists of members rather than finding the post

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Balboa,

I just tried the search function, and it appears to be working fine. There are two search bars on the page - one to search keywords and one to search usernames. Are you positive you aren't trying to search keywords in the username search bar?

Here is the search function. Again, be sure to search in "keywords."

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

The search function is not working properly.

Future_HT_Doc:

> open the search function

> below the "Search by Keyword" there is an option for search entire posts or titles only

> choose "Titles only" and leave the keyword blank

> on the right of "Search by Keyword" there is an option "Search by Username"

> type your name at this box

> click search

> you will note then that the search results are not correct, as all your posts are displayed and not only the threads you initiate, as per your search query

Thank you for bringing some of these concerns to my attention. I'll share this information with Bill and keep you guys updated.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Guys,

The search function works fine. I've used it a number of times and always find what I'm looking for.

We are also aware that a small percentage of people have to login every time. After some investigation based on your feedback, we determined that an upgrade to the social community software should solve this problem. Unfortunately, since our system has been significantly customized, upgrades aren't that cut and dry. We are currently discussing upgrades with a few programmers and will be taking care of this in the not too distant future.

The upgrade should also resolve the issues Tsakalos is referring to, which should only happen if someone is idle for about a half hour and then clicks in another location of the forum.

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

Bill

Stamos,

I think you have a misunderstanding of how the search feature works. Choosing "titles only" does nothing on the particular search you're performing because it only applies to keywords (which you're purposely leaving blank).

If you want to see all of the topics you started, choose the "Find Threads Started by User" option under the username field. This will require you to add a username just as the "titles only" option requires you to enter a keyword to work properly.

At the bottom of the page, you can decide if you want to display the results as "posts" or "threads". Since you're choosing the option "Find Threads Started by User", you'll want to display the results as "threads". Otherwise, if you've posted twice in the same thread you started, it will most likely appear as two different results.

I hope that makes more sense to you.

Bill

Bill ,

Thank you for the updates!

Other members,

Thank you for offering feedback and bringing these issues to our attention!