Post-op Care

Hey guys, I had a FUE procedure with DR. Ron Shapiro appx 7 weeks ago. Most of the hair has shed and I still have some redness in the recipient area. My question is about trauma to the recipient area post-op. I sleep in very precarious positions and the other morning noticed that I had a compression mark going right over my recipient area from sleeping face down against a seem on my sheets. Does anyone know if this could damage the follicle or am I just being paranoid? Also, I was told I could excersise at 100% after 10 days. Has there been any research that shows anything different as far as graft survival rates with intense excersise? Thanks in advance, I can't wait to hear your responses.

• 3 weeks later...

Post up for my 3 procedures I refrained from touching the area (short of lightly washing my hair) for 2 weeks just to be safe.

At 7 weeks you are more than fine...

With regard to exercising. again for the first 2 weeks I would not do anything, and even then, get back into it slowly...

Good luck

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

• 2 weeks later...

Thread moved to the Hair Restoration Questions and Answers section. Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.