Hairmax laser comp

Hey everyone i am considering of buying a laser comb to fight against baldness.Please tell me if its really effective and does it has any side effects.I am having a ht in September with a Coalition Doctor.Sorry its laser comb..:)

Edited by amanindia
wrong spellings

Guest donald

Don`t bother with the comb,i bought one and its been a waist of money.

might even try and sell mine.:mad:

amanindia,

If you are going to consider the lasercomb, I'd recommend using it only as an adjunct treatment proven treatments like Propecia and Rogaine. While several leading hair restoration physicians believe laser therapy can slow down pattern baldness in some patients, most agree that cosmetically significant hair regrowth is virtually impossible. Read more on laser hair loss treatment.

Best wishes,

Bill Seemiller

Janna over at smg sent me this when i asked her about the lasercomb:

We don’t carry the newest version of the laser comb by hairmax yet but you can purchase it online on their website. Go to ** promotional link removed ** . The rechargeable, cordless one is their newest comb. It’s quite expensive at $470 for each unit but Dr. Ron feels they have been coming up with some good studies to show it is working to thicken hairs enough see a difference.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
Removed promotional link

Hdude46,

Although Dr. Ron Shapiro is a recommended surgeon and you are encouraged to share your hair restoration experience, I had to edit your post and removal a promotion link (which violate the community's terms of service). Please feel free to continue discussing your experience with low level laser therapy!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Somebody wrote this on a different section of the forum. I think in part this is a good opinion of what laser can do. I have used laser in the past all it seems to do is make my hair feel healthier but no other difference (except in my bank account)

I'm really sorry to hear of your negative experience. As the owner of a company that also sells laser, although not at those prices, i can tell you that the results are very random. Laser restoration is only suitable for a client that is young and shows the very first signs of thinning on top. It will not tackle the receding hairline with much success. Laser is over sold as a cure for baldness and there is no possible way laser can bring back a dead hair follicle . The principle behind laser is quite simple. It encourages blood circulation of the scalp which in turn can and i use the word " can " help to revitalize the existing hair and thicken the hair, giving the impression that you have regrowth . It will not regrow hair in areas that have hair loss.

It should never be sold to anybody who has typical male pattern baldness in the latter stages as the results will be disappointing.

I would normally tell interested clients that Laser can not stop the course of nature but only slow it down if indeed it works for them.

Laser will have absolutely no effect on clients with alopecia.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson