Which SHAMPOO to use AFTER HAIR TRANSPLANT?

Hello everyone!

I did my hair transplant 4 months ago, my surgeon suggested i should use the BABY JOHNSON & JOHNSON SHAMPOO in the first months because of the surgery, baby shampoo its MILD...what do you think?

Any Sugestions on which shampoo should i be using? also to help prevent further hair loss?

Take in consideration that i am still APPLYING ORAL MINOXIDIL TOPICAL SOLUTION - MINTOP , morning and night...

Thanks

Sidat

No shampoo will prevent further loss. (Rogaine enhanced shampoo not included)

Don't spend your money on fancy shampoos. Get something that you think smells good, and spend that extra money on something else. Like a vacation or food or females. And if you can't think of anything to spend it on, just mail it to me. You'll have the same amount of hair as if you'd purchased 200.00/bottle shampoo.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Lindsey,

Thanks for the laugh and for confirming what I already believed! Fancy shampoos are hype! I did use Johnson's Baby Shampoo for a couple of weeks post HT just because I felt it was mild but scent is my number one factor when choosing shampoo.

TTP

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Alot of people use Revita shampoo (which costs $30.00 a bottle, 180 ml) and they say it helps prevent hairloss, which is likely not true, but the shampoo makes your hair feel great. Thats why most people buy it.

I discovered, purely by accident, that the if you leave the top of the bottle open when you shower, water gets into the top portion of the bottle (which is see thru) and settles above the shampoo. So when you tip the bottle upside down the water comes out first, followed by the shampoo.

Why this is worth mentioning is I use very little shampoo now, and a bottle will last me forever at this rate. I'd say I apply about 80% water and 20% shampoo with this method, be sure to try it if you purchase any