Want to get a HT but so many questions

I've been incessantly been thinking about getting a Ht over the last few years.Been noticing a lot of hair loss on my scalp over that time.I have always had a receded temple but the scalp is starting to worry me.I have never taken any meds or used any topical except for Nioxin.

I just have a hard time justifying having a scar for the rest of my life in the donor area.There are a lot of what ifs.Should I wait until something revolutionary comes out that minimizes the affect on your body?I mean we're all here because we're all self conscious of our hair and I'll be the first to admit that.It just seems like such a brutal way of going about it.I just can't wrap my head around it but it does seem the best and quickest way.Plus I've seen some great pictures people have posted.

Basically looking for some support on my decision

I'm a nw 3.

33 years old

An HT done by a good surgeon will change your appearance and life forever - I say this based on results I have seen produced by top Docs. Has your hair loss stabilized? Are you on meds (Minoxidil/FInasteride)? How long have you been losing your hair? What do you hope to achieve? Have you done some research on any potential Docs?

An HT done by a good surgeon will change your appearance and life forever - I say this based on results I have seen produced by top Docs. Has your hair loss stabilized? Are you on meds (Minoxidil/FInasteride)? How long have you been losing your hair? What do you hope to achieve? Have you done some research on any potential Docs?

I think Its stabilized.I went through a bad break up with my ex girlfriend 2 years ago.To say the least I lost half of scalp in a matter of months.Stress DOES affect your hair.I have no doubts about that.I've always had a receding hairline.Probably since I was 25.

I haven't really lost much since then.I don't take any meds.No topical or pills except for Nioxin.

I want my hairline back and density.I have done my research and have seen some great results with people that are worse off than I am.So I don't think my expectations are out of this world.I live relatively close to Vancouver and have heard some great things about Hasson and Wong.So yeah I would go with them.Just shit scared about the scar and how I will look in the future(20,30 years)

Thanks aw33

Hasson and Wong are probably one of the best if not the best. Your definately heading in the right direction in that category. Why aren't you on Finasteride? If you want re-construct your hair line, you will need to make sure that your hair behind your desired hair line stays. Most surgeons would require you to use Finasteride for at least 1 year before they operate on you.

I also am a NW3 and even though Finasteride has worked wonders for me I think I might be headed for a Nw4-5 in the future. If Finasteride can slow down hair loss for a young person with aggressive MPB like me, then it could really help a 30 year old person with gradual loss.

Hasson and Wong are probably one of the best if not the best. Your definately heading in the right direction in that category. Why aren't you on Finasteride? If you want re-construct your hair line, you will need to make sure that your hair behind your desired hair line stays. Most surgeons would require you to use Finasteride for at least 1 year before they operate on you.

I also am a NW3 and even though Finasteride has worked wonders for me I think I might be headed for a Nw4-5 in the future. If Finasteride can slow down hair loss for a young person with aggressive MPB like me, then it could really help a 30 year old person with gradual loss.

You'll have to give a break aw-33. Just started doing research about everything pertaining to hair loss just recently.Wish I did earlier Aw33.To be honest,it's fucking overwhelming.All the information is overwhelming.That's why I'm on this forum,to ask people in my situation, for advice.

Thinking2,

Best of luck with your research. You're in the right place.

As far as the strip scar goes, unless you are really thin in the donor area, it just isn't noticeable. Most HT recipients have enough cover in the donor area to hide the scar. However, if your genetic tendency is to go completely bald at some point, the scar will then be visible.

Panama Jimmy

Thats not entirely true. Unless your hair is thick/coarse, you will need to keep you hair at least 1" on sides and back to hide the scar. It is not invisible. I need to keep my side hair 1.5" to hide it without styling products.

Some people brag about being able to clip sides short, but you will notice the majority of HT patients keep their side hair long-ish, and never buzzed.

thinking?if i were you i would get on finasteride and minoxidil as soon as possible and if your so worried about the scar you would probably be better focusing your research into the best fue doctors out there..but that said you may achieve good results off the meds to satisfy your hair requirments and not need to worry about haveing a ht..whatever you decide all the best with it...have a nice day...

thinking?if i were you i would get on finasteride and minoxidil as soon as possible and if your so worried about the scar you would probably be better focusing your research into the best fue doctors out there..but that said you may achieve good results off the meds to satisfy your hair requirments and not need to worry about haveing a ht..whatever you decide all the best with it...have a nice day...

Just started Propecia,so I'll have to see if that works