Question on HT recovery timeline

I was considering getting a HT done by Dr Rahal in about a year time cause I'll have approx 2 months downtime hopefully. Judging from pics from his website mine would be approx a 1600 hair procedure.

I was wondering how long it is before you can get back into the gym and active again? How long after can you go out and public where it won't look like you just had a HT?

Would I be making the right move going strip? I'm in the GOA so Dr Rahal makes sense, but i'm also a physical person so I would like to have a min downtown. Also because of my profession I would like to keep my hair short, so a FUE from Dr Feller or Shapiro also appeals to me...

Sparky,

I see nothing wrong with doing a 1600 graft FUT procedure. It's far less expensive than FUE and will leave plenty of donor hair in reserve for future work if necessary. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Whammy,

Welcome to our community. Spex's article does explain a lot in terms of what to expect. Times will vary from patient to patient, but you can resume most normal activities and workout routines in 2 weeks. Just use caution and don't do anything that'll put a strain on the donor area for the first couple of month.

Best wishes,

Bill

You've got to factor in possible shockloss too. My last procedure was inside my current hair, so I thought I'd be safe with the redness (first one, redness lasted about 3 months!) - however I got some nasty shockloss and it's very obvious I have a red head.

2 months and a day out now - I reckon it'll be another week or two until the red has gone ... but the shockloss .... gah...

My Hairloss Website

HT#1 - Dr Pathomvanich - 2900 Grafts

HT#2 - Dr Pathomvanich - 1500 Grafts

How much time is necessary for recovery after a hair transplant varies for each patient. I have many patients who you cannot tell they had a hair transplant one week after the procedure. Ohers because of very fair skin and not a lot of pre-existing hair have some prolonged redness that lasts for a few additional weeks that is hard to camoflauge. It really depends on your skin type, how much hair you currently have, how long and the style of your hair, and how many and placement of the grafts during the procedure.