CHEAP hotels in Vancouver, BC -- anybody know of any ?

Don't want to head back home the day after my procedure (late May). Would like to have 2-3 more days to rest up and let the grafts settle in before heading back to the USA.

Does anybody here know of any hotels that would be the equivalent of a Motel 6 in Vancouver ? If so, could you please provide the name and phone # as well as the rate in US dollars. I remember reading a post somewhere by a dude from Greece who had to stay an extra 7 days in BC due to some visa issue, and he said he found a really cheap and decent hotel. Can't find that thread anymore though or I would ask him.

If this violates HTN policy to post here please just send me a PM.

Thanks and hope somebody can provide some decent leads!

Edited by EpilepticSceptic
tired

labrat,

I've toured the town of Vancouver during my last visit and I know there are hotels/motels all over the place. Unfortunately however, I couldn't tell you any of their rates. You may want to do a search on Google for Hotels/motels in Vancouver and check their rates.

I know it's a bit more expensive, but if you're going to take a few extra days to visit, you may want to stay in Granville Island - or at least visit it. Feel free to check out some of my pictures from my recent trip to Vancouver here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Labrat69,

I just spent about 5 months up in BC between Whistler and Vancouver. I found the Best Western Chateau Granville to be a real bargain. I think it was $59, but not sure.

http://www.chateaugranville.com/courtyard

Ask for the Courtyard rooms, which are in a private courtyard adjacent to the main tower, but more private and cheaper! This is also a great location, as you can walk anywhere downtown and also over to Granville Island.

This is one of my favorite cities and if you need any info, just drop me a line!

Panama Jimmy