is it normal for the entire temple area too thin out? I mean it looks thin beyond the normal temple area. as in just above the side burns.

I always thought my temple area only LOOKED thinner because the hair is bleached out their from the sun. But, it recently got longer than usual and I cant tell for sure but it looks alot thinner than on the sides.This has got me worried...its a pretty good size area and to me it looks like an area that shouldnt ever thin out or go bald...I still have quite a bit of hair on my head too. what am I doomed to become a NW7?

is it normal for the entire temple area too thin out? I mean it looks thin beyond the normal temple area. as in just above the side burns.

I always thought my temple area only LOOKED thinner because the hair is bleached out their from the sun. But, it recently got longer than usual and I cant tell for sure but it looks alot thinner than on the sides.This has got me worried...its a pretty good size area and to me it looks like an area that shouldnt ever thin out or go bald...I still have quite a bit of hair on my head too. what am I doomed to become a NW7?

Ill have to look at that because from the way things look to me it appears that this is an area that shouldnt ever thin. its just behind where I thought the normal temporal thinning would occur...I dont know, maybe its just that the hair is lighter their.

But, I also noticed that on the back of my head on the edges of the back sides and bottom the hair appears thinner than in the middle of the back. is this normal?

I know they do HT's all over the head.

But is there less success with HTS in the frontal areas?

To actually construct a hair line for someone - that would seem very difficult. All the angles and everything? and scaring etc?

Is there usually scaring in the recipient area long term? Or its not very noticeable usually?

Do you usually pay more for a hair line HT? rather than filling in a crown?

Do most doctors give you an idea of what might look good when it comes to the shape of your hairline?

Or they will just do what you tell them?

Follicular density per unit area drops off naturally as you move toward the temples. It's totally normal and not specific to people with hair loss. You may recede a bit and require temple reconstruction, but not necessarily.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

NG2GB,

I was in the chat room last Tuesday when you were being Rainman about your temples (I thought it was funny). Can we see a picture of your temples. I know you're very worried about it and thought we coule be more helpful if we can see what you're seeing in the mirror.

Guyfromsydney,

You probably should have started your own thread with all your questions.

To construct a hairline is difficult, but you can see by most top clinics that it is done all the time.

The scarring that may occur at the recipient site is when grafts are inserted too deep and may cause a pitted look around the grafts. If done right, there is no visible scar.

Most clinics charge per graft and not by where they plant the grafts.

Most doctors will consult with you in regards to the shape of your hairline you want. They will also give you their best advice and come up with a hairline you're both happy with. One of the reasons why it's important to research the doctors to make sure you trust their work.

Wow, your temples look just like Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise.

Temple points is one of my favorite subjects because mine have done so much for the overall aesthetic of my result. Before Dr. Wong rebuilt them I had no idea how important these areas are for some hair transplant cases.

Here is one side immediately after placement during session #2.

DSCF0182-800x600.jpg

Here is the growth at four months...

manip_back_right.JPG

And then right before my third procedure you can see where the new growth had finalized and of course the small addition that Dr. Wong had planned.

3front3.JPG

My temple point reconstruction not only consisted of the triangular tuft being rebuilt but the entire side being brought forward as well. It did a lot to balance out the overall design of Dr. Wong's work. Many cases need to have the temple points addressed but not all cases will benefit from this detail. Some cases are just fine by leaving the temple points alone even if they are receded but those cases are usually the ones that call for a higher hairline (even higher than mine) and do not need the balancing benefit of temple points.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Aww thanks, PGP. You're right, I don't find anyone's hairloss to be funny. It was NG2GB's immitation of Rainman I found to be funny. Anyway, it's sometimes hard to get people's meaning or intentions when posting or being online.

My apologies NG2GB for giving you the wrong impression.

Okay. So you didn't get the wrong meaning when I was trying to say I appreciated your sense of humor in the chat room. I felt lame just typing "lol" after your rainman and I couldn't type fast enough to give you justice Tuesday night. Anyway, I'm all for humor and joking around.

PGP and I misunderstood your "I just thought I would amuse you since you seem to find my hairloss so funny." I'm glad I didn't offend you and you didn't offend me. Are we good? I hope you stick around. It is more fun to learn when it's not so boring and serious. icon_smile.gif

I'll keep an eye out for your real pic of your temples. You'll be seeing my temples soon enough.

• 1 month later...

The temple points are a nice area to reconstruct depending on the overall balance and facial features. In my opinion, it helps add to the overall youthful appearance. As was stated, it is not neessary to transplant, but in the right cases is an added benefit. See example below. (assuming I paste the photo in correctly)

RIcardo Mejia MD

Hair Transplant Network Physician

Jupiter Florida

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

temple_points.jpg.b6134eafd5ca4db566af51e61a592258.jpg

Thanks NG2BB. He is very happy and has framed his face well. We also gave him hair on top as well.

You can view better photos of this patient in the hair transplant surgeon review/Michaels Weblog.

Detailed photos of patient