Today is a big day for me and my final decision goes to Dr. Mohebi

Bruce65

My visit to the clinic concurred with what Pat has to say. Some other doctors representatives may be intimidating on this forum, but now it does not matter to me anymore.

I am strongly glad with my decision and happy that my decision was not influenced by these representatives but by my own research and judgment.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only rep that posted in this thread is b-spot (jason from shapiro's office). as far as i know everyone else are regular joe's just trying to offer sound advice based on experience. but if you feel good about your decision then that's all that matters. again best of luck and please share your pics with us.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

you guys are bullying Bruce now. He made up his mind, he is a grown adult.

this Dr. he chose was doing a great deal of work when at NHI, which is headed by Dr Rassman, who is a Coalition member. Bruce also said that he has seen grown out results, but that the Dr cannot post them because of his agreement with his former employer, NHI.

i would think that Rassman would not put his whole reputation on the line with an unskilled surgeon. Also, Pat went to the clinic and gave a favorable review.

HT is not rocket science, nor is it fine art. There is certain protocal that has to be followed(NHI having one of the best), some tedious work with trained staff, and some small design concepts that make for a good Dr. Also, staying up to date, and being a caring surgeon who respects there patients is very important.

Bruce seems to have found his surgeon.

Best of luck Bruce

I certainly hope your not pointing that at me Bruce.

I have no stake in your decision whatsover, in fact, I would encourage you to go to Hasson and Wong.

I think your basing your decision on geography and price, which can lead to disaster. Additionally, using these 2 categories is the exact opposite of how you should find a doctor.

As I have mentioned many times before:

What if something goes wrong?

Do you have patient experiences or well-established protocols to handle patient complaints when problems occur?

Problems occur at EVERY office.

What seperates different clinics is how issues are handled over the course of many years.

AGAIN, not pointing the finger at Dr. Mohedi---this is simply general information I would give to anyone choosing a doctor we do not know.

With all that said, Good Luck Bruce.

I hope to share in your successful transplant when you post your pics, and if your not happy, I will be here to help in any way that I can.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

something,

you are confusing bullying with trying to watch out for a fellow balding brother's best interests. and bruce obviously does not feel he's been bullied as he continues to post on this public forum and is sticking with his decision.

also, while you may not think hts are rocket science or fine art, they do require an enormous amount of skill and artistry. i have been to a doc that possesses none of the two, but he sure did seem a caring surgeon. guess what? he performed a sub par ht on me. oh yeah, and when i went to get my money back he was no longer so caring.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Guys don't worry. I don't feel bullied or anything like that. I really welcome all advices and recommendation as long as they are constructive, informative and based on real facts.

Bruce

hairthere,

i understand what you are saying, but your case and this are different. this Dr. spent time in a coalition clinic, with a very high standard protocal.

i would assume that if things go wrong(which they shouldn't), he will take care of it because after all, its also his business at stake as he is also posting on this site and was reviewed by Pat.

HT mostly require being up to date on technology and technique, and a little artistry. Again, i would assume that if the Dr. spent time learning in a coalition clinic, he would be up to date on these things.

Best,

Then why doesnt he go to the coalition clinic he came from.

Bruce has made up his mind for some "different " reasons but that doesnt mean he wont get a good result .

Id rather be confident my result is going to be superb then hopeful.

If anything goes wrong or a just ok result,you instantly become a person that is insecure and everyone smirks behind your back. Even an average transplant is very noticable

Even worse is if you happen to be a slow grower those first 6 months are torture because you keep thinking maybe I made a mistake .

With a top doc knowing you were in the best hands is reassurance that things will be ok.

Bruce that doctor has seemed to pimp you with game.

I saw no one try to direct you to a certain doc.

By the way Rassman isnt all that unles your over 50 . I saw his work on tv.

Botomline I hope things go good . It just would have been more convincing if your reseach would have been sound.

Something -Hair transplanta ARE a fine art.

Fine Art.....haha. Yeah, ok. I'm guessing you don't read Art Forum magazine then. Ht = Post Modern painting.

This will never end, why dont you just make his decision for him.

"I saw his work on TV", well i guess you did your research as well.

Keep it going, i'm sure one of these arguements are going to light a fuse in Bruce's head and change is mind for the assumed better.

What ever happened to a little support here, damn, you guys make it sound like he is going to get the mayer flap here.

If I ever read fine art forum magazine PLEASE put a bullet in my head.

Once again my man nobody is making any choice but Bruce himself. There are OTHER newbies on here that will read this so this isnt only for Bruce.

This is to let others know there is MORE then thinking a doctor is nice . Oh course the docs will say we are trying to persuade him to go elsewhere .

Hes just starting out on his own and has to pay bills himself .Whats he suppose to say ,Yeah those guys are right go elsewhere

We have all wished him well.

Obviously youve had no work done or an awesome transplant because you have NO idea what its like to be unsatisfied.

One of the best doctors out thee is Dr Alexander and he said the reason his hairline are so undectable is from his strong art background.

I suppose hes lying

Oh man, here, give me the gun...haha

BTW, i went to Dr Alexander, and just because he says its his art background, which was a minor in ART when he was getting his BA, is hardly what we call a strong art background. Thats why he went into becoming a DR. instead of a damn Bohemian.

For a surgeon, i would presume its a good thing, but that is not the main reason his hairline's are undeteable...Sure its a selling point, but really it comes to surgical technique, new technology and a little bit of asthetic and design principles. A background in art doesn't hurt, but are these surgeons artist. I'm sorry to tell you, but no, thats just marketing.

I think when someone has work long enough for a great surgeon such as Dr. Rassman, that's already good sign that he is doing a great job in his clinic. Like "smoothing" said, surgeons they don't won't to compromise their business and reputation by not having satisfied patients.

As I said earlier, not only I found these qualities such as honesty, integrity and professionalism in Dr. Mohebi but also I appreciated his loyalty and respect for Dr. Rassman and this is something that is pretty rare these days.

http://www.foundhair.com/pages/art.shtml

For you SOMETHING You want 20 more .It is a fine art just a different art. You have design, planning a canvas an application and a final result also utilizing in most cases divincis principles

The techs are equal or more likely the MOST important part of the transplant. The cuting and handling and planting can make or break a surgery. It takes a long time to get the hang of everything to avoid to much trauma of the grafts .

Did the doctor take the experienced techs with him or are they on the job training

PGP,

you are easily persuaded by marketing......art and surgery are not one and the same.

you can call them craftsman, but the design is very simplistic, no i don't want 20 more, i have been around HT for awhile, been through it 3 times.

i don't need to read Bosleys "HT is art" philosophy to make me feel better.

i believe thats how they started there infomercials....

Everyone here will have a different opinion and that's ok. Bruceman did his research and chose a surgeon.

Though I too like to see grown out results before personally recommending someone, Pat's visitation of Dr. Mohebi certainly fills me with confidence. Pat did see a number of grown out results when he worked with NHI but unfortunately, Dr. Mohebi doesn't have permission to use them publicly.

It does sound like Bruceman did his research. Remember what can't be seen online should be sought offline - it sounds like he found the evidence offline that has convinced him.

Yet I truly understand why everyone is trying to persuade him to go to a physician with online evidence - it's only natural to recommend what we have seen.

We do not formally recommend Dr. Mohebi at this time because we are waiting for him to present grown out results for this community to evaluate for consideration. I do believe Dr. Mohebi will become a shining star in the future based on what I have learned so far. But the evidence online is lacking to present him for potential recommendation at this time.

Bruce, best wishes for a great surgery. I hope you will document your progress with us by creating a free patient hair loss weblog.

Best wishes,

Bill

PGP,

you are easily persuaded by marketing......art and surgery are not one and the same

No I was persuaded by Dr Shapiros consistent phenominal results. The angle of the grafts and the making of the recipient slits takes an artistic eye . Its alot about an illusion and the layering of the hairs that shingles the bald area. If anyone could do it how come there are still a ton of hacks out there.

In baseball hitting is an art.

Your talking about a painting for heavens sake.

Art covers a broad range Pierre I meant Something icon_wink.gif

Bruce Im not going to comment on this anymore even after Something will try to get last word.

I want you to know that we are only trying to put you in the safest position possible.

I have nothing against you or the doctor but Ive seen alot of guys go to unknowns and then kick themselves in the butt.

Obviously if he worked for Rassman hes a competent doctor but theres more to it then just that.

I really do hope you get what your looking for .

An initial halfass transplant ruined my life for quite awhile and I never want that to happen to anyone else. My girl always asks me why do you even waste your time now that your happy ? Well I dont feel its a waste . Im certainly no Jotronic, Bspot or Bill but what I am is a guy that was severely affected by this shady industry .

There are a ton a great docs out there that can change your life but there are an equal amount of vipers.

One thing Ive learned is an average transplant is almost as bad as the balding process itself.

This is a long rollercoaster of a process and why take a chance .

This doctor may turnout to be incredible ,but no one really knows.

We just tried to steer you in the right direction and show you the best way to make a choice thats puts the odds heavily in your favor.

Take care and please stay onboard . Peace

In the meantime, something, who is cheerleading bruce's decision, went to a doctor who is widely considered one of the top ht docs in the world, and is known for his ARTISTRY in designing natural hairlines. dr. alexander also has tons of grown out results available for viewing. and yet he's advising bruce to go to a guy who's a relative unknown and has zero examples of his work. why did you chose dr. alexander something and not just go to some local unknown who does cookie cutter work?

regarding coalition docs (and i'm not trying to ruffle feathers here) but i don't put too much stock in that. i think pat's goal is to give people as many options regionally. however, i think many of the docs in the coalition are marginal. they do decent work, but there are a handful who's work really goes above and beyond in terms of naturalness and high density. i don't think rassman is in that classification, and i don't think, judging from the one example of mohebi's work i've seen, he does either. i hope he does provide lots of examples of his work and proves me wrong...

that being said, i echo pgp's sentiments bruce and i'll end posting here with that.

you guys don't quit do you....

i am not "advising" anyone, just giving Bruce encouragment because he obviously has made his decision if you read his post.

but all you guys do here is go straight into mob.

there you go again, "zero examples of his work". read the goddamn post, in which Bruce has said he has seen grown out results, but the Dr. cannot post them because of a legal disclaimer. is that really that hard to understand?

also, i went to Dr Alexander because i did my own research, and thats who i decided to go to. not because of a bunch of chimps on an internet forum telling me what to do with my life.

enough already.

Getting mad little painter girl .Dont hit us with your easel.

He cant post pics, but can show them to the public. How does he have those pics if they dont belong to him

I dont even remember any posters posting about him when he worked for Rassman . I also did a search just for you and found nothing

There have been plenty of guys that have made their mind up and changed it or waited and were happy they did.

Was your research based on Alexander being nice to you a giving you a cookie.

Its not nice to use Gods name in vain .You might be punished by forgeting the colorwheel.

If I were to tell you what to do with your life the first thing I would suggest is take of your panties put down the zima and jump off a bridge

Bruce which post op looks better to you as far as design and trauma. Its about the same number of grafts.

Its the difference when it you compare good to great.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=145249

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/256...921071973#7921071973

something,

he went and saw those grown-out results only after a bunch of people like myself, aka "the mob, "chimed in and suggested it. so he thought he had done his homework but really hadn't. thanks goodness for us "chimps" on the internet...

PGP, thanks for posting that comparison. it speaks loud and clear.

As far as design I like both and as you can see Dr. Mohebi had to cover a much larger area than Dr. Wong by adding more density in the front and covering some hair on the top and crown.

As far as Trauma or healing process, I think it really depends on the patient. Some patients heal faster than others depending on age, diet, metabolism, smoker or no smoker, etc..

Below are some links showing some patients operated by Dr. Wong and as you can see their pictures are not as pretty as the one you sent from Aviran and like you keep saying, we need to wait a few months to see the new grown out hair. However the quality of the job can be seen & noticed right after the surgery and I find that both surgeons did a great job by respecting the new hairline, incisions, etc..

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/256...991021813#7991021813

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/256...11753#7151011753(see 2nd and 3rd procedures done by Dr Wong)

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/albumcomm...971034502#1971034502

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/256...081065591#8081065591