Your Participation Wanted: Developing a FAQ discussion thread

Dear forum members,

Many of you have asked for a "frequently asked questions" sticky thread that will allow our members and guests to find information easier. But instead of a single question and answer situation which already exists on our Hair Loss Q&A Blog, I thought we could compile a list of some of the most informative threads including some of your best responses.

So here is my challenge for you:

Find some of your favorite and most informative topics and provide a link and brief summary of what was discussed and I'll begin compiling a list of your efforts.

Once we have enough, we can create a featured thread entitled: "Frequently Asked Hair Transplant Questions and Member Contributions". If any of you have a more creative title, I'm also open to it.

For example, recently forum member "AgentHarley" asked about acne on the scalp.

Therefore, one of the frequently asked questions might include:

Why Do I have Pimples on My Scalp a Few Months After a Hair Transplant?

As you can see, clicking on the above link will take you to the topic where you can read other member comments and contribute your own.

I look forward to seeing what we can call come up with together.

Best wishes,

Bill

Anyone think this is a good idea?

I know that there are a number of informational posts that might be fun to list and link to become available at member's or guests disposal. The forum topics would remain open so that members can continually engage in topic.

For example, I know that there are many informational posts written by Spex, JoTronic, MrJobi, Hairbank, and many many more that we could use.

Many of our physicians have shared invaluable insight that would be worth referencing, etc.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I think it's a great idea, just a little time consuming to find original posts/links.

Here are some by Spex that I think are great:

How many sessions/growth rate- This link discusses expectations with regards to how many procedures are required in general as well as expected time frames for growth, again in general.

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...601064382#7601064382

Patience- This post discusses the importance of having patience while your hair grows in- (It's like trying to watch your grass grow!) as well as differences in recovery time.

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...181007292#4181007292

Kudos to Spex

Here is one I liked regarding transected risks and whether that would cause the hair to be permanently lost:

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...541093153#2541093153

Discussion about conditions of shockloss and whether it is permanent with Dr. Rassman:

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...021012023#5021012023

HT Preparation and Tips again by Spex (Kudos) that covers before and after procedure care/tips/instructions such as travel arrangements/time management, Dr. consultation, diet and rest, etc.

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...711023803#2711023803

These are some that I think are great for starters.

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

Here I Grow Again,

What a great starting list! Kudos to you for getting involved.

With all of these educational links, I have taken the liberty to start this project and contributed some of my own. You can view this featured thread by visiting "Frequently Asked Questions and Discussions".

There are many other great posts out there that we can continue to contribute to this thread.

I encourage you all to get involved and let's create a great list of frequently asked questions and discussions that will be yet another way to help our forum members and guests.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 years later...

Hi Bill,

i am from australia,and this is the first time i write in this forum.i would like to do hair transplant but to be honest i can;t do it here cos it is very expinsive.some ppl suggest me to go and do it in thailand .lot of sklilled doctors in thai and as well it is cheap.if you don;t mind ,can you plz tell me what is the best clinc and the best doc in thai or in any asian countries ..cos they clos to australia

i would depply appreciate you help.thanks mate

• 4 months later...

Hai Bill,..

I am a new comer to this website. I see wonderful posts very informative from your end and your initiative to help others in hair restoration context. I come from Port Louis planning an HT with Dr. Madhu. I have a few questions, but firstly it will be appreciated if you could give your suggestions and what I can expect from Dr. Pathuri Madhu.

Thanks

Jim

This is a good idea. And sometimes it is not just a single poster. There are some great threads where multiple docs contribute and offering differing perspectives. These are my favorite type of threads. The controversial ones; like shaving (where Dr. Hasson has a legendary response), or donor miniaturization (where Dr. Konior and Dr. Paul Shapiro offered great incite). Almost like a "best of" thread list.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group