post op qstn

Am at day 10 post op. Just got the staples out earlier today. To say the least,, i feel liberated. Will post pics tomorrow, after a hair cut.

can i go back to sleeping like a normal person, or should i still be careful & not put pressure on the donor/ recipient area ??

thankx !!

Am at day 10 post op. Just got the staples out earlier today. To say the least,, i feel liberated. Will post pics tomorrow, after a hair cut.

can i go back to sleeping like a normal person, or should i still be careful & not put pressure on the donor/ recipient area ??

thankx !!

Go for it! Sleep will become your friend again :-) Your grafts are secure and as long as you are not bleeding ( aside from possibly a little from the staple holes ) from your donor scar you should be just fine.

To be honest, I've slept pretty much normal every night since my surgery 7 days ago - except one where I didn't sleep at all b/c I didn't take my valium... icon_cool.gif

But, I put on siran wrap and a surgeons cap and sleep on my side or back. I do still take the valium's because I get anxious about going to sleep if I don't.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Dewayne,

Saran wrap, what the? You mean like the hermetically sealed application or the loose indoor biosphere for organic gardens type?

I've never heard of the saran wrap usage. You must have woke up in a sweat inside the wrap?

Yep, I wear the kind that is used for food and a surgeons hat. My doc gave me some spray that has really seemed to help the healing. He told me today I could quit with the wrap, though.

Maybe I did it a little too long....

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week