Dr. De Yarman

I noticed Dr. De Yarmen is mentioned in various places on this site. However, I do not see him on the recommended list. Is he Officially recommend by the HTN

If anyone else has comments on Yarmen or Reed your comments good or bad would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance

Thank you for your assistance.

I noticed Dr. De Yarmen is mentioned in various places on this site. However, I do not see him on the recommended list. Is he Officially recommend by the HTN

If anyone else has comments on Yarmen or Reed your comments good or bad would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance

Thank you for your assistance.

NTBY-

Dr. DeYarman used to be recommended here but is not at the present time. You can read this thread if you'd like further details.

I don't know much about Dr. Reed but would encourage you to search the site using its "find" feature to obtain information. There are many excellent surgeons recommended by the site's coalition........the link is at the top left of this page.

Any details you can share regarding your loss? Are you doing anything to prevent further loss?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

QUOTE]Originally posted by hairbank:

NTBY-

Dr. DeYarman used to be recommended here but is not at the present time. You can read this thread if you'd like further details.

I don't know much about Dr. Reed but would encourage you to search the site using its "find" feature to obtain information. There are many excellent surgeons recommended by the site's coalition........the link is at the top left of this page.

Any details you can share regarding your loss? Are you doing anything to prevent further loss?

radgav-

As I already replied to similar comments from you posted on my Hair Loss Blog, I'm not sure we need to rehash it here. I don't want to hijack this thread but will respond to your question. If you want to discuss further, please PM me or start another thread.

Yes, I've had around 5000 grafts. If you'll take your time and go through all the before/afters on my Blog, you'll notice I only had 1200 grafts placed in the frontal 1/3 and midscalp from HT #1. Since I still had some native hair there, and am fairly tall at 6'4", my appearance of hair from the front was okay to me. What I really didn't like was having a totally bald crown. So, for HT #2, I totally focused on the crown, while Dr. Wong did opt to place a few grafts in the temples and a few others here and there to compliment HT #1 (for which I'm thankful).

Before any HT's, I was a diffused thinning NW 4 or 5................simply put, it takes lots of grafts at that level of loss to produce any appearance of density. You're saying I should have at least 50% more coverage than I presently do?? What experience do you have with HT's and their results? Did you really look at all my pics? While the crown is still thin (and I knew it would be) it is pretty much covered which is what I was after. Indoors, it looks completely full with no thinning. In very harsh sunlight, which i also showed to be totally honest about the results, you can see a little thinning.

I have to question your intentions?? These are your first posts to this forum.................what are you trying to accomplish?

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I have over 13 years experience in Hairtransplant and that includes scalp reduction and Brandy procedures. I am a concern individual who pays attention to pt's outcome. with respect to limited donor area I would like to see better coverage when a patient is salvaging all what is left. thank you for your reply I am just concern about your outcome after reviewing all your photos from finish to end. In the field of Hair restoraiton,one of my favorite quote is, "Many of the things you can count, don't count.Many of the things you can't count, count." by A.Einstein.

In all honesty, having viewed tons of results myself I felt you were a bit critical of my results. I suppose it's all subjective............I feel my outcome is almost exactly what I expected for the number of grafts received. Maybe what would be best is if you can't show me someone with similar graft count and placement to me that ended up with substantially better coverage? I'd like to understand your point of view and, if you have that many years experience don't discount what you say. Fortunately for me I was not "salvaging all I had left" with my last HT as I conservatively have 3000 grafts left....maybe over 4000.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

radgav--- While I can certainly appreciate your opinion and your certainly entitled to it, I am going to have to disagree with you.

You should recognize that 5000 grafts spread out over a large area is only going to do so much--- in a 100cm that is a density of 50, so with Hairbank transplanting a larger area it becomes a strategic issue, which is quite another matter.

I think if you said, "I think he should have brought the hairline higher, went for greater density in the mid-scalp region, and hit the crown a bit lighter, then I/we would understand what you are talking about.

However, I think Hairbank has been transplanted with a decent amount of grafts and should he decide to add, he can.

I also think his results are more than satisfactory, IMO, and the opinions of many others.

I think I share Hairbanks appreciation for your concern, but I think you could have presented your comments in a more technically impersonal manner.

I still want to know how you are figuring Hairbank should have 50% more growth, just by looking at his photos?

I think you are a bit suspect given the content of this thread, so I certainly hope your intentions are honorable.

If not, your going to be called out, and not just by Hairbank.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I appreciate everyone's opinion,I do believe everyone's entilted to have their own opinion.

I guess as long as Hairbank is happy with his results, great! I am just speaking from experience and patients outcome.I have done a handful of patients who I hope to join in to the forum to share their photos for show and tell.

In years of experience I really would like to see patient happy. my job is to salvage all that is left and what's left do count.

And if Hairbank is satisfied with his coverage kudos for you. And Hairbank any most recent photos and I was wondering if you have any of your donor area scar pictures.?

I'll try and post some donor pics for you. However, you really can't see the scar since hair grows through it icon_cool.gif. I can FEEL it, slightly, but it is very difficult to pull the hair up in such a way that you can actually see anything.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hairbank..Id love to have your results. I think you hair looks very natural and even in the sun it has great density. There will always be someone out there who will ask a question that can come across as an insult, whether if they have good or bad intentions. I applaud to your way of approaching this.

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

It appears from what I am seeing that radgav's intentions are honorable...but that is my opinion. Hopefully this is the case.

That being said, I agree with B Spot....5000 grafts spread out over a large area will give you decent results, but it certainly won't leave you with a full head of thick lustrous hair...as much as we would wish.

We have to remember to take into considerations all the variables when determining final outcome including hair color, hair shaft thickness, hairs per graft and lighting, and circumfrance of balding area (some people's heads are bigger than others icon_biggrin.gif). What I'm trying to say is 5000 grafts on some patients will look more dense than on others, and LIGHTING has a lot to do with it. Hairbank's recent pictures are shown under direct sunlight - some of the harshest lighting for pictures. His results IMO look fantastic. Are there still thin areas? Absolutely! But from where he was to where he is now seems indicative of what 5000 grafts will give someone, and I'd definitely be pleased with that result.

The only thing I don't like about some of your posts is the fact that you are using statements of self credibility (having 12+ years experience), etc. Now I'm not trying to knock you...but people who are desperate to be right often use statements of self credibility in hopes people will say "he must be right because he has more experience than me". Now again...I'm not saying this IS your intent...but this is how it comes off a little bit. As I said...it seems your intentions are honorable, but this is the only thing that just looks funny. Anyway, I admit, I don't have 12 years of experience...I only have 3. And whereas I don't consider myself a know-it-all, I do feel that I have decent knowledge on the subject of hair transplantation as well. So...I think we can just recognize as you said, that we are all entitled to our opinions icon_wink.gif. And just because I don't agree with someone, doesn't mean I don't respect theirs...so thank you for sharing and I hope you'll continue to discuss and share your opinions.

Bill

The problem with saying something akin to "I have 12 years of experience" is that it only makes you more credible if you post proof; otherwise, who's to say you're not lying?

I could post that I have 30 years of experience working with patients even though I'm in my 20s and I will sound just as believable as you.

Once you say you have many years of experience in the field you really *have* to provide credentials, otherwise you're starting down a very slippery slope. Any excuses made to the contrary (the usual one being, "I want to remain anonymous") hut, rather than help, your credibility. This is why doctors who post on this forum provide their full names and, in many cases, contact info. They know that making unsubstantiated claims makes them seem more like con artists than physicians.

Just a quick heads up since having read radgav's posts, he comes across as either someone who is definitely not the real McCoy or someone who's about 15 years behind the current science. I won't be taking them seriously until I'm shown otherwise.

Youngguy,

Just a quick heads up since having read radgav's posts, he comes across as either someone who is definitely not the real McCoy or someone who's about 15 years behind the current science. I won't be taking them seriously until I'm shown otherwise.

I'm not sure I see radgav's posts quite the same...I think he just has a different, perhaps too high of an expectation. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty.

His last post that stated:

"I appreciate everyone's opinion,I do believe everyone's entilted to have their own opinion."

seems to me that he is trying to dialogue with people rather than pick a fight or cause harm. So let's give him the benefit of the doubt and only fight with fire if we see evidence of fire...if that makes sense icon_wink.gif

Bill

Guest Larry David

Come on guys. you been watching too much Dr phil.bagdad or radgav is busting balls. Hairbank, youre way to nice. Your hair looks great.

I think people are still in a fog from all the International Male pictures from the other day posted by dehuge and Bill.I almost went an shaved myself down for a quick pose. Pictures to follow

Guest Larry David

The actor Tim Stack went to Dr yarman. he used to be on Son of a beach. he was on My name is earl recently. His procedure needs some work. He's been on Howard Stern talking about his transplant.I'd stay away.

I suppose for the time being I'm taking the stance "innocent until proven guilty" for the intentions of radgav.

Bill- I agree with having opinions and respecting other's opinions. In this case, we have a new poster with a total of 5 posts involving 2 threads and each time there was mention of Dr. DeYarman. I don't want to be overly suspicious but at the same time do see evidence of a possible hidden agenda.

I hope I'm not reacting personally because it's the last thing I'd want to do. I've reviewed the threads............the first post/first thread for this person was in defense of Dr. DeYarman with no proof, then a question about my HT results which, in my opinion, there wasn't much analysis of the work evidenced by comments like "your hairline basically looks the same if not still receding", when, if anyone clearly looked at my Blog they can see I've never really had dramatic hairline work. Again, the second post by radgav was on a thread about a HT by Dr. Rose and a comparison to Dr. DeYarman was mentioned. Just doesn't add up to me.

I "hope" radgav's intentions are to help others here. I suppose time will tell.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi

I think what radgav might be missing is the surface area needed to be covered. If someon has a larger hard ( Hairbank mentioned he is tall) then 5000 whould cover less than a person who was smaller.. Also, there are so many other individual factors to consider. Hair thickness, curliness etc.. You really have to be careful with comparing people to another.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Very good point, Mrjb.

We're all created differently...........given I'm a little taller than average it stands to reason my head's a little bigger (not big-headed, just a big head icon_wink.gif).

Another thing..........1/2 of the pics I posted were outdoors in very bright light and, to me, coverage still was pretty good. Indoors, other than temple rescission, even with only 5000 grafts, I do not look like I'm experiencing hair loss..........which was the end result I was looking for.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

I agree given hairbank is tall. i do have one question, are you planning to do maybe one last procedure? it looks like you still have some donor left. Also good to hear that hair loss for you had stop.... icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by hairbank:

Very good point, Mrjb.

We're all created differently...........given I'm a little taller than average it stands to reason my head's a little bigger (not big-headed, just a big head icon_wink.gif).

Another thing..........1/2 of the pics I posted were outdoors in very bright light and, to me, coverage still was pretty good. Indoors, other than temple rescission, even with only 5000 grafts, I do not look like I'm experiencing hair loss..........which was the end result I was looking for.

radgav-

I'm undecided at this point. If money were no object, yes, I'd likely go for a final (hopefully) HT and plant 1500 in the hairline & temples with another 1500 (if available) for added density on top.................at the same time, I'm okay with where I'm at so I may just call it quits. At the least, I no longer get sunburn on top of my head which is a plus! icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog