Post op final results

imun,

Welcome to our forum community.

It's probably in your best interest to start your own thread so that you get a greater number of replies.

Generally speaking, hair transplants mature around 1 year. However, hair can continue to thicken and soften even up to 18 months.

I hope this helps.

Bill

To learn about how I restored my hair, read my hair restoration story with pictures. See also my hair loss weblog.

Learn how Physicians are Recommend on this Community

-------------

As of August 4th 2007 and after approximately 4000 posts as a free patient advocate - I am the Co-Moderator and Associate Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center and the Hair Loss Q & A Blog. Read the official announcement here.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Learn how to subscribe to our community newsletters

Proud Smile Club Member

Wow, even I was confused by this thread....lol

But I think imun copied and pasted my reply from him on another thread. I certainly did not post as imun.

At 11 months post-op, it's not typical to get a lot of new hair growth at this point. Most progress at this point is thickening and maturing of the transplanted hair creating a better illusion of density. Slow growers however, may experience more growth.

Do you have an before, immediately post-op, and 11 month photos you can show us?

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear Members,

So there is no confusion and despite the accusatory email I received from a disgruntled previous member who is apparently stalking me, I did NOT post the above reply under Imun's name and I did not create his account. I've also been accused of deleting this thread to cover my tracks of creating a ghost poster. Clearly this thread has not been deleted.

On another thread (found here - scroll up), I advised Imun to start a new thread to ask his questions to maximize the number of replies he'll get. I don't know why Imun chose to copy and paste my original reply into a post right below his question, but I suppose it was for clarity.

I also moved this thread from the "hair transplant experiences and surgeon reviews" section of the forum to the "hair restoration question and answers" forum since it is more appropriate here.

Best wishes,

Bill

hmmmmm. I'm starting to suspect that there are really only two of us, Bill and I, on the board at all. And he's created all these aliases and operates full-time as a ghost poster.

Pretty elaborate plan just to get me to have a transplant.... icon_razz.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Thats right I copied and pasted for clarity and did it as per Bill's advise. I have complete faith in Bill as he is always there to help us out. Bill, keep up the good work.

I am gonna wait and see after 12 months. Is there a way to know if I am a slow grower?

Thanks.

Be careful Imun. Praising me too much might further enforce my stalker's believe that you are me and I am you icon_smile.gif.

Typical hair regrowth of transplanted hair starts between month 3 and 5, and thickens, darkens, and matures with time. I would say by 6-7 months with minimal hair growth, you could indeed be a slow grower.

I hope this helps,

Bill

• 5 months later...

hi all,

here are my pics - before and after the HT. the post op pics are 15 months post op. I am not satisfied with the results. i had 1600 grafts in the crown and mid scalp. Let me know what do you guys think of the final results.

Thanks.

before1.jpg.0af9987807fe68a5b508af464f94bbbb.jpg

imun,

I wish you could post the pics in an album, so we could see them all lined up. At the top left, click NEW, and then PHOTO ALBUM and it'll walk you through it. Lining them up in an album will show a much clearer picture.

Having said that, you don't look as bald in your 'afters' so that's a plus. It's just hard for my untrained eyes to make a judgement based on those pics.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Imun:

I rearranged your pre and post op pictures (see attached) next to each other in order to compare. I can see a definite improvement of your crown. Maybe 1600 grafts is not enough for the area to be covered. You may want to apply Toppik at the crown. It does marvelous thing for me anyway. All it takes is 5 seconds. And you might need only one bottle for the whole year for about 40$.

untitled2.jpg.b51b5010ee5b4b44a61435ffc5aa8e4f.jpg

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Hi latinlotus,

Thanks for your feedback. 1 more thing is in the before pic, my hairs are wet and in the after pic, my hairs are dry. i do use toppik but i just wanted a natural solution.