Dr. Ronald Chao of Samson Hair Restoration

I think that company has an average / below average reputation from what I've read. That doctor might be good, but you'd be taken a chance by going to some one at a chain clinic, imo. While all great doctors might have to start somewhere, why not let the great ones separate themselves without acting as their guinni (sp?) pig?

I'd suggest getting yourself to Charlotte, Virginia, New York, Arizona or Canada......

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Guest josh - b

la la,

dwayne is absolutely correct. While on their website samson take swings at the large hair mills they are in effect the same thing abeit on a smaller scale.

Why take the chance?

Go to a non hair mill independent doctor with a stellar reputation.

• 4 weeks later...

wow, I find it amazing that people actually reply to posts and try to "help" someone make a decision without actually knowing anything about someone. I've read about 20 posts about Samson Hair restoration so far and every single one I've read has had Dewayne and others talk bad about them without really giving a reason other than "others" are better or they have not heard of them before. I did research for almost 1 year before deciding who to go to. My first HT was almost a disater. Sure my hair grew but it looked so unnatural. I interviewd about 30 patients from different clinics and found that all 5 patients that have had procedures at Samson were not only more educated about HT then anyone else, but had such natural looking results that if they didn't tell me they had HT, I would have never known. So La La land, before you actually listen to anyone's advice on a forum, especially people that have not had experience with the group you are have questions about, ask the folks at Samson if they would give you some names of some previous patients and call them on your terms. Don't base something as important as your hair on random feedback from someone that has no experience with them.

Oh trust me I don't. And didn't. I did call them to get answers to a bunch of questions. I alsodi a ton of other research. I found them in the top three of my list - particularly Dr. Chao (for me personally)

There are actually tons of very positive comments about Sampson HR on this site. Also, I didn't really find that other persons comments negative really. Plus like you said they hadn't done an HT with them anyway.

Check out My Hair Loss WebLog

Norwood Class 4 (I think)

Propecia (since '95 or so)

Rogaine (since '93 or so)

One HT

pilotguy,

On another thread you claim to be a satisfied patient of Samson Hair Restoration. If so, congratulations and I encourage you to share your experience and photos by creating a new thread.

I'm sure it will be refreshing to others to see real results that people can base their opinion on. After all, we are a "results" driven community which is why we only recommend those with proven consistency.

But without photos, your voiced experience is just another opinion, which you are entitled to. But others are also entitled to their own.

Best wishes,

Bill

I don't know anything about this clinic, but one thing I do not like is they actually have a before and after of another "well-known" doctor's patient who has a poor result---without having the balls to name the doctor. Additionally, did the doctor in question consent to having his pictures used in this manner?

They also have 9 clinics in total.

For each of these to be a top clinic, that is over 70 technicians with 5-8+ years of experience(at least 8 a location) and doctors with excellent credentials and years of happy patients.

We have seen over the years what happens when clinics expand past 2-3 locations and the bottom-line becomes more important than the great patient care displayed by doctors who run a clinic or two, without the pressures of a larger more "corporate" approach. It has recently happened with another well known doctor and people are waiting to see how it works out.

I don't know any of their doctors, but it would be interesting to see a before and after of Dr. Griffin's work of pilotguy, then see pilotguy's before and afters at the other clinic.

I hope this isn't an attempt by this clinic to get some free pub while downing Dr. Griffin.

Anyway, I will be awaiting these photos as well.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

pilotguy,

i interviewed patients from my first lousy ht doc that HE refferred, and guess what? they all had positive things to say. then i found forums like this post-op and discovered a bunch of really pissed off patients who had bad work done like mine.

the bottom line is, you really have to do your own homework, and that's what is so wonderful about these forums. you will get less fluff.

lala land, continue trying to find patients on these forums if possible before you commit. if you're still sold on samson make sure you see grown out results in person. good luck...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Yes, we are going to take great care of lala and I know I am glad that he choose us to take care of his restoration.

My comments were directed toward pilotguy:#1 to offer a counter-argument and #2 to see the work done by his clinic.

Anyway, tallyho!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

First of all my recommendations to La La Land was to do more research and not listen to people that merely make comments about Doctors or clinics that they don't know anything about (btw LaLa congrats on your desicion...Dr. Shapiro sounds like a great Doctor). I also made a comment about Doctor Griffin... I don't think that just because someone pays for advertising their name on this site it makes them a great Doctor. I'm a little passionate about this particular subject because it really effected me in a negative manner. I will dig up my pics and post them so that you all can see his masterpiece. Also, I have no affilations with Samson other than the fact that they treated me like family and did a great job on my HT. One more thing for The B Spot: please if you are going to make a comment just to make a point make sure you've done your research. I made sure that Samson wasn't another Bosley.... they have 2 surgery centers and 3 Doctors. The office that I had my procedure at wouldn't even do 2 procedures in 1 day!!! They simply refused saying that they do 1 procedure per day to ensure all staff members concentrate on 1 patient (and they did exactly that when I was there).

Anyhoo, give me a couple of days until I get back to Atlanta and dig up my pictures, I'm happy to share them with everyone.

Step 1-- go to the website.

Step 2--scroll to the BOTTOM of the website.

Step 3-- read AND count all of the southern california surgical locations.

Step 4--know who your talking to about research.

Step 5--understand that I am happy that your happy.

Step 6--you have no idea how hard it is to develop a doctor AND a top staff in one location, let alone 9 call and ask ANY successful doctor about their staff and see what they tell you. It takes YEARS to develop a tech to place grafts.

Step 7-- please direct me to that statement where you claimed this clinic was different than Boseley?

Anyway, I could care less about this clinic--I've already offered enough to force others to do their research--- I am more concerned about your dissatisfaction with Dr. Griffin-- You should contact Pat/Bill and let them know, with photos of course b/c they need to know these things, especially when others are searching a Coalition Doctor and find your negative experience.

BTW-- Boutique means smallish and personal and not listing the actual doctors or at the least a director is code for high turnover.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

PilotGuy,

You said...

I've read about 20 posts about Samson Hair restoration so far and every single one I've read has had Dewayne and others talk bad about them without really giving a reason other than "others" are better or they have not heard of them before.

Yet when I did a search for "Samson" on our forum produces online one page of perhaps three different topics, with most of the posts made by you. It is certainly not dominated by Dewayne.

I also made a comment about Doctor Griffin... I don't think that just because someone pays for advertising their name on this site it makes them a great Doctor. I'm a little passionate about this particular subject because it really effected me in a negative manner. I will dig up my pics and post them so that you all can see his masterpiece.

Physicians recommended on this site do pay a sponsorship fee to support it, but their recommendation is based on quality standards that we keep high for the benefit of all patients. See how we recommend hair transplant surgeons.

If you are a dissatisfied patient of Dr. Griffin, you are invited to share your experience and surgical photos.

Frankly, it just sounds like you are here to promote Samson Hair Restoration.

So either share your experience and photos with Dr. Griffin on a new thread and contact me privately so I can substantiate that you are a patient of his, or go about your merry way.

We hold physicians accountable for their actions, so forum members should likewise be held accountable for theirs.

Best regards,

Bill