the time between post-op and 9 months...?!!

Thanks johnnie69

My mistake. I've been quoting Hasson and Wong so much lately it must have been the H before W and J before V that got me.

Last question...

Does anyone know of a site with images of a 6V on the norwood with before and after shots?

Thanks

baldguy44

That's fair enough, thanks for clearing that up as it's given a guy like me who physically can't go and see patients an idea of what other people think...

And yea the problem with HT's these days by the top clinics is more to do with the texture differences at the hairline - H&W have commented on this a number of times. At the end of the day, I would take jupiters hair over what he had before and comb it forward if it really turned into a major problem.

Good luck with your procedure.

Well, I can attest from my experiences that you certainly will not have to hide under a hat or be a hermit for 9 whole months. Yes the early recovery period can be tough, both physically and emotionally. I think the claims from the large conglomerate providers that you "can go back to work the next day" are ludicrous. Sure you can if you don't mind your head being like a road under construction and you looking and feeling like you just went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson! Needless to say it would be a great time to take a two week vacation if possible.

However it goes by quickly. You should be able to resume work and light physical activity by two weeks. By three weeks the scabs should have fallen off, the recipient sites healed and you will look "normal" again. Any residual pain and/or numbness should be gone at this point. At one month to 6 weeks the hair should fill back in over the donor area. For me the hair started growing between 2 and 3 months.

Of course the hair comes in so gradually it is like watching grass grow or paint dry. So there will not be any drastic overnight change in one's appearance.

I am fortunate that my work offers a certain degree of independence and it would not be frowned upon or forbidden for me to appear in a cap or bandana for a limited period.I realize though that others in certain fields do not have this option.

Phil

For what it is worth I did in fact go back to work the next day. I had a little swelling but after that went down nobody would have known I had a hair transplant. Maybe because of my age (50), I am not as worried about my appearance as some of you, but to me the transplant was really not that big a deal getting or recovering from. 6.5 months now and somebody just remarked how good my hair looked and wanted to know if I was coloring it. My advice. Go to a top doctor, get the transplant and go on with your life.

Hoping,

Glad to hear that you were able to return to work the next day. I should have prefaced my comments by reiterrating that I am a veteran of some of the earlier techniques with my most recent proceedure 10 years ago. For that reason my "time frames" may have been a little conservative.

Of course the current practices are far superior with less trauma, lower visibility, and faster healing. I'm also happy to hear that you've had great results so far.

I have an extremely demanding job in the human services field and although I have a flexible work arrangment, I doubt I would be able to miss two whole weeks when/if I have another proceedure.

Phil