Movie (DVD) Review: Into the wild

Dewayne

This movie, written by Sean Penn, was actually very good. I'd give it a 4* personally.

It's based on a true story about a young man who takes off shortly after graduating from Emory University back in '92, without any money, and hitchhikes his way across country to Alaska; where he lives out in the wild in an abandoned bus.

It flashes back to defining moments in his life. I'm not a fanatical environmentalist, but I'm conscious, and this film is pretty much about this young man wanting to live off the earth. A surprising ending, with several plots going on, it's about a 3-hour DVD but worth the $7 or so rent.

The soundtrack, performed by Eddie Vedder, is also very good. Check it out.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I like this movie too. My first impression was that is was a cheesy coming of age flick, and maybe it is, but I like the way Sean directed it. I especially liked the part where he was sitting on the train, and started singing King of the Road, it then morphed into the real song with Roger Miller singing it. Great soundtrack and acting abilities I thought.

Where do you rent for $7? Blockbuster rents them for about $5. Sometimes you can find recent movies at the Library for 2 bucks.

Originally posted by Rambler:

I like this movie too. My first impression was that is was a cheesy coming of age flick, and maybe it is, but I like the way Sean directed it. I especially liked the part where he was sitting on the train, and started singing King of the Road, it then morphed into the real song with Roger Miller singing it. Great soundtrack and acting abilities I thought.

Where do you rent for $7? Blockbuster rents them for about $5. Sometimes you can find recent movies at the Library for 2 bucks.

I don't remember how much it was, I just put down that figure. My wife picked it up for me as I am very busy posting on web forums icon_wink.gif

We got it at Blockbuster, though, so I'm sure it's closer to what you said.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've another good one to recommend, got it out last night: The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. Took me a few minutes to work out who was who exactly (what with the German family having English accents and that). But once you get past that it's a fantastic tale. Just goes to show how we could learn a lot from children, their innocence and their uncorrupted minds.