Tomorrow's the big day!

Seeing Dr. Feller tomorrow for the HT. It will be strip surgery yielding approx. 2500-2800 grafts for the front 1/3. I've got enough coverage in the middle 1/3 and the crown is thinning, but not in need of a HT yet (maybe in 5 years or so). I'm pretty psyched about it knowing what a great surgeon and person he is.

I'm not worried about the procedure but more the post-op look in the next month or so. Luckily, as a mortgage loan officer, I can work from home most of next week, if necessary. My boss wears a hat to work most of the time, so that won't be an issue when I come back either.

I'll post some info within a couple of days (depends if I'll have internet access and how I'm feeling).

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input over the past couple of months and in advance of my post-op questions.

Let the growing begin!!!

Seeing Dr. Feller tomorrow for the HT. It will be strip surgery yielding approx. 2500-2800 grafts for the front 1/3. I've got enough coverage in the middle 1/3 and the crown is thinning, but not in need of a HT yet (maybe in 5 years or so). I'm pretty psyched about it knowing what a great surgeon and person he is.

I'm not worried about the procedure but more the post-op look in the next month or so. Luckily, as a mortgage loan officer, I can work from home most of next week, if necessary. My boss wears a hat to work most of the time, so that won't be an issue when I come back either.

I'll post some info within a couple of days (depends if I'll have internet access and how I'm feeling).

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input over the past couple of months and in advance of my post-op questions.

Let the growing begin!!!

Good luck!!!

He's a great doc from what I've heard!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• Administrators

Jersey23,

Welcome in advance to the real "hair club". As already stated you are indeed in great hands.

With the ultra refined minimally invasive procedure that Dr. Feller uses you will get the fastest post op recovery possible.

Enjoy all the attention you will be getting and take some photos for us hair geeks.

I'd wish you good luck but you won't need it.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Congrats Jersey!!!!!

Welcome to the club!!!!!!

As Pat said, post some pics so we can follow along with you during your HT journey!!!

Happy Healing and Happy Growing!!!!

J

(Gee I don't sound like a a cheerleader, do I?)

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

He's not exactly in my backyard, but 2+ hours of driving is nothing compared to flying to Vancouver like some guys do to see H&W. I'm leaving in a few minutes since Dr. Feller requires a hotel stay for out of towners to ensure the proper arrival time.

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes.

Hey Jersey,

Looks like this message is going to be a little late. Good Luck and congratulations to you!

I know I'm repeating what Pat already said, but with the ultra refined minimally invasive procedure used by Dr Feller, you won't have to sweat the post-op look during the next month. You will probably heal faster than you think.

Dr. Cooley did my 1st HT almost a couple months ago using the same procedures, and I was amazed at how quickly I healed. I'll bet you will be too.

Good Luck Jersey!

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hey Jersey,

Congratulations in advance brother....what can I say that hasn't been said? Probably nothing! But I'll reiterate that you are in good hands. A hat is the way to go for the first couple months man...since you can get away with that, go for it. That's what I did as much as possible. BUT, I don't recommend wearing any tighter fitting hats until AFTER your staples are removed.

Bill

Hope things went well for you Jersey............try and post before and after's if you can. I'm a fan of Dr. Feller's work and always like to see it.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Jersey,

Good luck Bro, you will be looking ok in two weeks, staples out, scabs gone. Days 2-6 you may have swelling in the forehead, around the eyes and nose.

This is from the excess fluid from surgery draining down from gravity. You could look like you went a few rounds with Mike Tyson but after day 7 you will look fine. Dr. Feller shaves you down in the recipient area so of course that will take time for native hairs to grow out (if you have anything there?)

You say your boss wears a hat to work, maybe he needs to get hooked up with Dr. Feller ehh???

Anyway, good luck and enjoy the ride. Bring your ipod since you may want to block out the sound during the tough part - removal of the donor strip!

Take the meds before the post surgery pain comes, you will need them the first night. The next day you may only need OTC stuff, Advil or Tylenol. icon_smile.gif

NoBuzz

Jersey,

If you want to see what you'll look like in a month, take a look at my album:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=154413

I had a ht with Dr. Feller 5 weeks ago, 3,300 in the front 1/3rd (exactly the same as you). The original plan was to do around 2,500 but the techs managed to get more hair out of the strip.