monoxidil for fair people

hair_return

I've been considering trying monoxidil but I consistently read how it's irritating to the skin or greasy looking. I'm quite fair so if it's irritating to some, I'm expecting it will for me and ditto if it's greasy. Nizoral for example, took only a few applications to dry out my scalp. Anyone have suggestions on a brand I might consider (foam, dr. lee, spectral etc). Also, can I apply dermatch afterwards? If so, how long should I wait?

Thanks

i have been applying a little more than the daily recommended amount rogaine foam and so far have not had ANY noticable increase of shedding, NO scalp irritation, and the foam is not greasy at all, its dry in a minute.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

For me personally, I am in my second month of Minox, and although my hair feels a little rough, and a little greasy-ish (sometimes), its nothing dramatic. Most of the time, my hair just feels as it normally would without minox.

I am very fair, and have experienced absolutely no irritation. And I use Nizoral too, and no side effects whatsoever.

I guess I may mention that I take propecia too, and I still have the sex drive of a rabbit on heat (unrelated, I thought I would just boast a tad).

As for Minox, its almost like putting water in your hair (for me anyway).

Thats the liquid version I am using. I havent found foam in any stores near me.

Try it, what have you got to lose? Its not budget busting, try it for 3 months, if its no good, bail on it ... thats it

anon you should try to order a batch of the foam man, seriously i used the liquid at first and couldn't stand how it stayed wet for so long, the foam is awesome dries in like a minute

jupiter

for some weird reason, every chemist in australia only stocks the liquid, i have not come across the foam, ever

I want to try it, I dont mind the liquid, but hey everyone raves on about the foam .....

your right, time to search for it online

Originally posted by deano:

Something like 6% of people get scalp irritation with Rogaine 5%.

The liquid really isn't that bad at all.

The foam is said to be crap.

most forums and people ive talked too have said the foam is most likely MORE effective. Dr. Rassman also tends to recommend the foam more. I used the liquid for awhile and hated it. It took for ever to dry.

Im sorry but the title to this thread just cracks me up:

"minoxidil for FAIR people"

ANYbody see the South Park on "ginger kids"?

AHAHAHH!!! icon_mad.gificon_redface.gificon_mad.gif

Im sorry hair_return, you might not even be a ginger-kid, but I just couldn't resist! icon_smile.gif

It was a totally legitimate question by you, but it is SUCH a funny title! icon_smile.gif

Looks like rogaine foam and Dr. Lee's 5% minoxidil without propylene glycol look to be good canidates. 2 other concerns:

1) I have fairly long hair on the top so it may be a bit of a problem working the solution through my scalp as it will be absorbed by the hair. Would the liquid or foam be better in this situation?

2) Is it ok to apply dermatch after the minoxidil dries?

Thanks

Jupiter, this question is for you:

Where are you applying the foam?

What kind of loss do you have?

What has happened so far since starting the foam?

And how long have you been on the foam?

Thanks-Tim

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by hair_return:

Looks like rogaine foam and Dr. Lee's 5% minoxidil without propylene glycol look to be good canidates. 2 other concerns:

1) I have fairly long hair on the top so it may be a bit of a problem working the solution through my scalp as it will be absorbed by the hair. Would the liquid or foam be better in this situation?

2) Is it ok to apply dermatch after the minoxidil dries?

Thanks

any suggestions on point 1?