Dr. Keller

Guest eyebrow

Guest eyebrow

I'm interested in any info/thoughts on Dr. Richard Keller in the Chicago area.

Konior and Keller are the 2 HT doctors in my geographic area with positive feedback on this site so I thought I should get face-to-face consults with them before I hopped on a plane elsewhere. (I've corresponded via email with a number of HT doctors all over - including Europe.) I haven't been able to coordinate with Dr. Konior but I just had a consultation for eyebrow restoration with Dr. Keller and was very favorably impressed. He was straightforward and specific about his approach and his ability to meet my expectations but didn't sugarcoat this type of surgery's unique issues. He struck me as very professional, artistic and a perfectionist. My gut feeling was that if I choose to accept the inherent limitations of this surgery, I could count on him to do it as well as it could be done.

Guest eyebrow

I'm interested in any info/thoughts on Dr. Richard Keller in the Chicago area.

Konior and Keller are the 2 HT doctors in my geographic area with positive feedback on this site so I thought I should get face-to-face consults with them before I hopped on a plane elsewhere. (I've corresponded via email with a number of HT doctors all over - including Europe.) I haven't been able to coordinate with Dr. Konior but I just had a consultation for eyebrow restoration with Dr. Keller and was very favorably impressed. He was straightforward and specific about his approach and his ability to meet my expectations but didn't sugarcoat this type of surgery's unique issues. He struck me as very professional, artistic and a perfectionist. My gut feeling was that if I choose to accept the inherent limitations of this surgery, I could count on him to do it as well as it could be done.

Wish I could help you but I've not heard of Dr. Keller, but then I've been off the boards for a few months, too.

Have you seen any of his work or has anyone from HTN had a HT from him?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

eyebrow,

I'm not sure if Dr. Konior does eyebrow surgery or not, but I do know that Dr. Keller does. But consult with both of them, look at patient results, and make a selection based on your research.

Dr. Konior of the Coalition has an impeccable online record of performing ultra refined results and many of his patients can be found by using the "find" feature. Dr. Keller won't have as much information available online however from personally interviewing him, collecting patient and surgical samples, I believe that he also does state of the art work which is why he is now recommended.

I hope this helps

Bill

Guest eyebrow

Bill,

I actually scheduled the consult with Keller on the suggestion you made a while ago. I've been dealing with other issues for a while and so just got back on this pursuit. (Not that it's left my mind - or my face!) Dr. Konior does advertise eyebrow transplants but he seems to have a very full schedule... After needing to reschedule due to a snow storm, I can't get in for 3 months. I respect his lack of unpaid time for a consult and the implicit time commitment due to demand for his services, but a 3 month wait for a local consult (with last minute flexibilty on my part) does make me concerned about his interest. I am eager to hear more about Dr. Keller, Konior or any other docs with specific ability in my area of interest. I think I've done a lot of research but it's still a scary decision! Thanks again for your concern and input.

Dr. Konior is a real pro, at least you can count on above average ability working on you if you choose him and from the sound of it Dr. Keller rates high as well. Find as many photos of prior patients as possible and ask the office manager if its possible to see photos, it can give one a better indicator than anything else. There are simply alot of considerations one has to take in choosing who is best for your particular situation, when it comes down to comparing credentials and both rate highly than less important factors, like availbility, price, geography, staff, office accomodations (some offices are nicer than others) all start getting more importance.

Keep researching, there often is no easy answer in choosing, just got to spend time and effort in visiting, consulting, and evaluating.

• 5 months later...
Guest eyebrow

Thank you to this community for your thoughts! Haven't been on in a while but am still very much considering the transplant route... Just looking for any new info on eyebrow transplants, Dr. Keller or other doctors who perform them.

eyebrow-- Dr. Shapiro does some nice eyebrow work as well.

Additionally, this is one of the procedures we are using FUE for, so no strip removal.

We are about 6.5 hours north of you--contact Matt Zupan at SMG for a consult--I'm sure we can try to work you in before 3 months.

Good Luck!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.