Pinched Nerve

MORE_HAIR

Hey all.

Has anyone suffered from a pinched nerve before.

If so...any suggestions ??

I've had one for a week...and it sucks.

Went to a chiropractor and shes made a few adjustments.

She sent me for x-rays and all seemed pretty normal.

She feels I'm a little compressed in my lower back and it's effecting my upper back.

The pain starts around the middle of my trap muscle and radiates outwards down over my shoulder...down to my elbow.

Also my arm is a bit numb down to my thumb.

I've gone online and realize more people suffer from these pinched nerves...but man does it suck.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

MH

More_Hair,

I am a Chiropractor. It sounds to me like you are suffering from a pinched nerve in the lower part of your neck. You need to use ice to reduce inflammation. Place it over the neck and upper back on the affected side for 15-20 minutes. Do this minimum 4 times per day if you can. Hopefully this chiropractor that you are seeing is doing some form of traction of the neck to alleviate or decompress things. Ultrasound or light therapy might also be beneficial. Unfortunately with this type of injury the best medicine is time. It will resolve likely with treatment but it does take several treatments as any therapy takes a while.

Avoid doing things above your shoulders and looking upwards. Good luck with things.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hey thanks Nelly.

I have been told by a few people that time is what I need.

Wow !! It hurts at times.

Ya never think it's going to happen to you....guess I thought wrong.

I had my HT in late Nov. and stopped training with weights for awhile.

I started with the weights two days prior to the pinched nerve...kinda simple knowing what caused it.

I just woke up and the pain was there...no warning...no muscle pull at the gym...strange.

What do you mean when you say my doc should be doing a form of traction ???

After my adjustments today...while laying on my back she held my neck/head in her hands and gently pulled....the pain at this point disappeared.

She could only do this for a short time...i had to go home..lol.

Is that what you mean ??

Give ya a brief rundown :

--C6 very rotated....spinous right.

--C5/C6 postenor in relation to C4

--cerneal distraction gives relief...but cerneal compression didn't increase pain.

Any thought Nelly...thanks.

MH

For 2 years I endured a combo of a herniated disk in my neck, and pinched nerves, and was on the cusp of undergoing surgery. Total nightmare. NN gave you fantastic advice, unsurprisingly so. I basically did everything he outlined to you -- I would emphasize his final word of advice...TIME...it wasn't until I truly layed low that it truly healed. The sooner you heed this advice, the sooner you will get full recovery.

As far as I now, what your chiro did to you is a form of traction, btw, but NN can clarify. A combination of "intense" rest, physical therapy (I did traction, ultrasound, in time some exercses, and also this weird thing where "electrodes" got hooked up to me and they pulsed real hard contracting my muscles, which I loved....I forget what it was called), chiro, and MAT (muscle activation tecniques, which I think is what really sealed the deal on my recovery) did it for me.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!