Setting a date.

We'll just thought I'd keep you guys informed, I all but decide to go ahead and schedule with Shapiro and am looking into setting a date. I'm definitely nervous, but also anxious to get things going. I feel as comfortable as I believe I possibly can after talking to Shapiro group again, considering the details of the procedure. Again thanks to this forum for the education and the direction to the "RIGHT" doctor! I pray for nothing but positives and hope for the best in mind, body and spirit. I'll continue to keep you guys up to speed and I'm sure you'll continue to hear my voice on this forum.

I often wonder if people who do any form of plastic/cosmetic surgery put half the time most people on this forum put into research. Altering one's body is no small step and should be carefully thought out. I recently watched a show were a mother and daughter had implants and it seemed very nonchalant. After watching the surgery there was nothing nonchalant about it.

Smiling & laughing does wonders for the soul!

We'll just thought I'd keep you guys informed, I all but decide to go ahead and schedule with Shapiro and am looking into setting a date. I'm definitely nervous, but also anxious to get things going. I feel as comfortable as I believe I possibly can after talking to Shapiro group again, considering the details of the procedure. Again thanks to this forum for the education and the direction to the "RIGHT" doctor! I pray for nothing but positives and hope for the best in mind, body and spirit. I'll continue to keep you guys up to speed and I'm sure you'll continue to hear my voice on this forum.

I often wonder if people who do any form of plastic/cosmetic surgery put half the time most people on this forum put into research. Altering one's body is no small step and should be carefully thought out. I recently watched a show were a mother and daughter had implants and it seemed very nonchalant. After watching the surgery there was nothing nonchalant about it.

It's been almost two months since my HT, no regrets at this point, but the healing/recovery/down time sucks, been wearing a lot of hats, and being anti-social.

I had 1500 graphs, mainly to fill in the back and thicken the front, top area, I wanted to keep my natural slightly receding hairline. Not sure if my doctor is recommended on this site, he was recommended to me by a personal friend.

Originally posted by bro66:

Not sure if my doctor is recommended on this site

Why don't you name him? Is it a big secret? We're all here to share information.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

• Administrators

Laughter,

Congradulations on taking the leap with a truly outstanding surgeon. You may feel even better about your choice of Dr. Ron Shapiro if you enter "Shapiro" in the "Find" feature of this forum and read what his patients have said about him over the past 5 plus years.

I'd wish you luck but you won't need it.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 2 weeks later...

laughter,

We're all nervous to some degree when we pull the trigger. It didn't hit me until I was in the chair thinking about going back into the fire. (I was a repair patient)

On the other hand, you're going with a top shelf doc. I think he has the technique AND the artistry by the pics that I've seen. You're in good hands. You really don't have anything to worry about. Good luck and keep us posted!

One other point that I forgot to mention....

He turns out great results consistantly. That's the key I think. A lot of doc's have their best pics up on their website. At least here on the forum, you're seeing pics posted by the patient.

No sugar coating. And again, everything I've seen from Shapiro looks great.

I don't know if you got to see any of his work in person, but that tells the tale. Knowing what it will turn out like will put you ease.

Thanks for all the support. This community will definitely continue to hear from me before as well as after. I believe it's important to continue to support and lend advice to anyone in the same situation that's willing to ask and listen. With out the veterans there would be an abundance of very useful information and resources being wasted sitting on the shelf, or head sort to speak.

• 1 month later...

All the best and keep us posted! I have my appointment a couple of months after you. I'll be taking lots of pictures pre and post. While I was nervous about the prospect of going under again, I feel I am now going to a top doctor.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog