EMAN's One Month Update (4278 grafts with Dr. Rahal)

Eman

Last pic post for a month, so I won't bother you all anymore with them.

I am officially at the one month mark!! YAY, one month closer to hair growth and seeing some results.

The soldiers are all going awol or headed into hiding for the next couple of months. The shed began about five days ago and the right side has definitely jumped ship a lot faster than the left. Some are still holding on, but I wouldn't mind them all falling out at this point.

Pink is the new color for my fall season. I am headed out to buy some clothing that matches the recipient site. The gf says it is not very noticeable, so maybe the pics just show the color a lot more than reality.

The scar is still noticeable. I thought after buzzing down to a #2 a few weeks ago that the back would grow out a lot faster than it has. Maybe another two weeks or so, I will be able to get away without wearing a hat.

The recipient site has been very dry. So, I have been applying aloe to add some natural moisture. Anyone have suggestions in terms of brands of aloe vera that they used on the recipient site. I also use it on the scar...suggestions for ointments, lotions, or gels applied to the scar would also be appreciated.

Otherwise, everything is going well. Thanks for taking a look!!!

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Looking good Eman!

Thanks for the update. Will be seeing Dr. Rahal in a month or so, so I really appreciate your updates. I expect you'll be thrilled in the coming weeks and months. Please keep us posted.

Any uncomfort in the donor or recipient areas?

headinahole- you are in good hands with Rahal. And we are looking forward to you adding pics for us to follow your journey. I will keep everyone updated monthly now.

In terms of discomfort, I don't even feel the donor site during the day. When I rest the back of my head on a chair (when watching TV) or putting my head down on the pillow, I can feel that something has been done. But no pain.

The recipient site is simply tight, predominately due to the dryness of the entire area. I attribute the tightness/dryness to washing my head with baby shampoo twice a day. Baby shampoo is mild, but very drying compared to other shampoos I have used in the past.

Also, been getting a couple of pimples here and there on the recipient site...going back to my teenage years!?!

My initial HT thread:

Eman - I will be sure to add before/after pics down the road. I am very grateful to the others like yourself who have put forth the effort to document your experiences and have helped people like me to make good decisions.

To go through something like this can be both exciting and terrifying at the same time. I am sure you'll agree. I must admit I don't sleep too well some nights in fear my HT will not look natural, but by looking at Dr. Rahal's previos work through pics and blogs it puts my mind at ease a little.

Are the pimples common?

headinhole- thinking about it almost made me go nuts. I would wake up in the morining and ask myself "what are you thinking?!?" in terms of having a HT. But by evening, I was ready to go through with it. I think that when I finally went through with the procedure, I was super excited by the choice to go through with it (the night before I was especially thinking that this was a crazy decision--but I remembered this is something I have wanted for over three years).

From what I have seen in person and pics, Dr. Rahal's results are very natural looking. I am hoping for the same for myself.

Pimples are common. A lot of times it is the hairs trying to poke through the skin in the scalp and getting irritated. Not a big deal though. I have only have had a few so far, and as you can see I am shedding a lot so nothing to hide these little annoyances.

My initial HT thread:

Thanks for posting the pics. I did not even mind the pink stuff after my shed because it gave me an idea where my new hairline should be in the future. I look fwd to your pictures in months 2, 3 and 4. Best of luck! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Thanks for sharing Eman. I'm three weeks behind you so will be following your progress to see what's coming up for me. Shedding's not cool but I guess the sooner you get through it the better icon_smile.gif

As for dryness, I was feeling really dry/tight throughout the scalp until I started using J&J's Baby Oil with Vit E/Aloe Vera. The skin feels much better now - still tight but not dry.

Did the pinkness in the recipient site persist for the entire month or is it something that is recent? I am at 1 week mark and there doesn't seem to be any pinkness in the recipient area - I'm wondering if it's gone for good or if it will be back after/during the shed.

hey brother,

hope all is well with you. Looking superb dude, you are going to be amazed in a few months, It looks like your doing great as expected..... Your girlfriend may have to lock you up after this!!!!, I think we are progessing at about the same rate, hate seeing that hairline disappear but hopefully its only a few months.

Can't say I have had any regrets, how about you? seems like the dryness is reducing, still using 5% minox at night and 2% during the day. Still very upbeat about the whole thing, can not wait til my first haircut with a real hairline, thats what keeps me going. Think I am going to be in chicago on the 11th of November til the 15th, maybe we'll geta chance to meet, compare notes!!!!!

tommyf

Started putting on some vitamin e oil every other night for a couple hours prior to showering. Helps some for the dryness.

wantego- I don't mind the pink either, just want the scar to be covered (hopefully sooner than later) when the hair grows back. I am tracking you also, so keep us posted as your four month mark will be here in a week or so. The next few months for you will be very very exciting.

dakota- thank you for the positive scar comment. The scar is something that definitely concerned me and concerns me. Time will tell. I did a search a while back for some of your pics, but didn't find any to check out your results. But as you know you have options with an incredible doc, especially as you move toward your one year mark and should you decide to head back in the chair.

TheKman- I have been/will be following your progress. Thank you for the suggestion regarding J&J. I will have to give it a try and let you know how it works. If the pink is gone, I doubt it will come back unless you get sunburned or put something on the site that irritates the area. My recipient went from dark pink to lighter and continues to fade. So, I think you are fine!

tommyf- we are heading into the doldrums together, fun times. No regrets at all, just cannot wait to not having to wear a hat when going out and want to get back to doing some physical exercise!! I am becoming a bum, just sitting around and eating. I decided to wait until the first of the month (Nov) to get back into the gym, running, and playing ball (super light of course). Definitely put me on your schedule when you are here in Chicago. Hope all is great with you as well.

My initial HT thread:

Hey Eman.

Hows the scar in your opinion? It looks a little pink (which I believe is to be expected still). At what point do you think the hairs start to poke through the scar with the trico closure? Or have they already begun to?

Thanks.

The scar is still pink. I began to put vitamin e on it last week, as my overall scalp has been very dry due to too much washing. Since starting to put vitamin e oil on and washing once a day, it has begun to fade a little. And the scar feels less tight when I put the oil on.

There are hairs growing all around the scar and my girlfriend says hair is beginning to come through the scar. Exciting! And the existing hair around the scar is starting to cover it.

I am, however, getting more pimples in the recipient site which is very annoying. I have been gently squeezing them, which I do not like doing.

My initial HT thread:

Thanks Eman.

When all is said and done, how short do you think you will be able to cut your donor area?

I met Adrian and another former patient who had great looking scars but they kept their a little longer in the donor region so I could not tell. I however would like to go as short as possible as I just prefer the look for me.

I also kept my hair at a #2 clip on the sides and back and a #3 clip on the top. I like my hair short as you do. My goal is to ultimately do the same once the top begins growing out.

The scar was a big concern going into this journey and whether or not I could shave down to a #2 clip. I really believe that I will be able to, but a number of factors go into making this possible including my donor area density and how well the scar heals (color, size).

I should be able to shave down to a #3 clip at minimum, which I would be happy with; be able to shave down to a #2 clip and my goal would be met. I do really believe that it is possible.

My initial HT thread:

Eman you are progressing well! Don't worry about the shockloss.

It's just the first indicator of good things to come!

I think you come up with the best names for the hair situations we go through after the transplant.

1. In a previous blog, You named the hair style directly after the surgery "The Bozo look". I totally agree and I hate I had to wear that style.

2. Calling the scar line a "smilely face" had me lol.

Keep the updates coming!

Eman:

Thanks for keeping the updates. If you have pimples, i suppose that means that hair is growing out, which i think it is very very fast considering you are only at one month mark. Am i right?

What is the general recommendation to do when there are pimples in the recipient area? I heard that one can use a sterilized needle to help?

thanks.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I am at five weeks, so everything is going into dormant mode. I think it is actually the grafts trying to exit the scalp and skin has healed over the graft somehow, causing the pimple.

I simply use a sterile needle and a little push on both sides with the pads of my fingers. If I leave them alone, the pimple would remain on my scalp for a long time. I say this because in the past if I leave a pimple alone and do not touch it, it almost gets worse.

I have read on the forums and spoke to my doctor about using this method (sterile needle) and it is fine to do and that way I don't have to suffer with the pimple for a long period of time.

Just got another doozy today...fun fun!?!

My initial HT thread:

Not so deep thoughts by Eman...

went to a movie after work, didn't wear a hat and I looked in a mirror that was on the wall in the huge theater bathroom and asked myself, "WHO IS THAT BALD GUY??". Oh, the dolrums!?!?

Also, the temple area that was transplanted has started to shed. I bought a hat to wear to the gym next week and when I took it off after trying it on I noticed hairs on the edges that hit the temple area. Should I not be wearing a hat that sits on the temples?

It is halloween tonight, so maybe I will just shave my head slick, paint it orange and have my gf paint a jack-o-lantern face on the back of my dome...part of the face has already been permanently drawn back there anyhow.

My initial HT thread:

hang in there Eman...

we know how u r feeling geeza :-( ....first 3 months r always crap & painful..but u know those 4000+ beauties are in there and once u get to the 4th month,they will start to shoot through...will be the best feeling ever....

i would say enjoy and say good bye to you last few mnths as a bald dude...u will be looking back, was i that bald , yeh right !

happy growing mate...

best

FS

Originally posted by Eman:

It is halloween tonight, so maybe I will just shave my head slick, paint it orange and have my gf paint a jack-o-lantern face on the back of my dome...part of the face has already been permanently drawn back there anyhow.

eman, i think i would actually pay to see that shit lol.

fs is right youll be grinning every time you look in the mirror in 6 months time.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.