DR BERNSTEIN

MIKIEB

MIKIEB:

My impression is positive. I would suggest you read the blog on his web site bersteinmedical.com. I had repairs and a procedure done 6 months ago. I expect to know more about the HT in about 3 to 6 months but the repairs were excellent. The HT looks natural but the hair texture and thickness is not there yet.

MIKIEB,

Just got back from the city and the consult. I like him. I would definitely schedule a consult with him and meet him yourself. He has copies of his book in his office you can take (I hope it was free lol) and it is very informative. His recommendation for me was 2000 grafts for Front and mid scalp. He was being conservative which is the way I think it should be. Gotta plan for the future, since he believe hair cloning is about 10 years off. Hope this helps!

• 1 year later...

Hey All -- in the interest of helping others who might be searching for information on Robert Bernstein, let me add my recent experiences with him.

I consulted him last year around November to get a sense for what he could do with my balding head. He categorized me as a NW6, and I was 33 then. I had started buzzing my head like the basketball players 3 years ago because I hated the density that would be evident when my hair would start growing past 1/4".

Dr. Bernstein told me to let it grow much longer so that the donor incision in the back would be better concealed.

Frankly, I can't let it grow any longer than 1/4" because I am so disturbed by the appearance. Dr. Bernstein eventually gave in, and told me I could keep my hair any length I wanted but to be warned about the look of the staples and that I would need to wear a bandana for a while.

He was really cool, though not a hand-holder. I think maybe I wanted him to be more compassionate, meaning, that he would be understanding of my emotional trauma around the NW6 appearance. Yet, I gather that since he's been practicing for so long, he cannot get too involved in each patient's mental health around their baldness.

I ended up feeling even more confident that I was able to get this much attention from THE top surgeon in this field.

Needless to say, with my little story, I hope you derive that Dr.Bernstein is a patient and calm person, who also will meet you in the eye and give you honest feedback.

In business and in healthcare, this is such a rare trait. His rates are the most expensive in the industry, I think, but then his reputation and his staff all seem to make it worthwhile.

I am due for my first HT with Dr. Bernstein in a month, and I trust that my instincts and my research about Dr.Bernstein are correct.

I am also a happy patient, very happy. I've had 2 repairs so far, 1 more coming, then a full approx. 2000 graft transplant coming (please see prior posts). He and his staff (very important, you will see) are great. I cannot stress this enough. If you would like more detail, feel free to pm me. Go forth with confidence, he is one of the finest surgeons that I have ever met in general, and, I've met plenty!! Others are fine too, I just have no experience with any other HT Dr.'s other than a 1990 butcher job (being fixed right by Dr. B) I feel lucky.

MikieB, I had my procedure with Dr Bernstein about 3 months ago. He's really honest and doesn't rush you. Wesley949 is right on target, Bernstein's website and the blog are great. I went with my brother for the consult and Dr B was totally straight in telling my brother that he wasn't a candidate and sent him home. I was, thankfully, and so far it's been a great experience. Good luck whereever you go.

I had a consult with Bernstein and Feller and I ended up choosing the latter. I felt Bernstein was much too conservative with his approach. he also suggested I have my hairline minigrafts removed whereas Feller suggested just planting around them which made a lot more sense to me. Having seen Bernstein's work, I think he is a good doctor, and he is very ethical as the other posters suggested. but if you want a more aggressive session I'd look elsewhere, i.e., Feller, Alexander, H&W, Rahal, Shapiro, etc.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com