Someone please tell me good news...I'm starting to get worried...

Hey guys...

Well I'm almost at 5 months post-op from my 1250 fu operation and to tell you the truth I'm starting to get a little worried. The majority of it was in the frontal area creating a new hairline and filling in the receding temples. Well I see some improvement in the temple areas, although slight, but very little if any in the middle front. My question is, should I be worried about this? I called my doc and he said that it's different for everyone. That my results are still very early and that full results will be realized until after a year. Can someone shed some light on this issue please... I se some pics on here from guys that have had the ht and are 5 monthjs out and they look like chia pets... any info will help.. icon_confused.gif

Hey guys...

Well I'm almost at 5 months post-op from my 1250 fu operation and to tell you the truth I'm starting to get a little worried. The majority of it was in the frontal area creating a new hairline and filling in the receding temples. Well I see some improvement in the temple areas, although slight, but very little if any in the middle front. My question is, should I be worried about this? I called my doc and he said that it's different for everyone. That my results are still very early and that full results will be realized until after a year. Can someone shed some light on this issue please... I se some pics on here from guys that have had the ht and are 5 monthjs out and they look like chia pets... any info will help.. icon_confused.gif

U have really changed your tune from your earlier post. At that time u praised the work of your doc and now your not so sure. You were even accused of being an advertisement for your doc. Maybe Micro and some others will learn a lesson from this and wait to see before they recommend. I hope your head does turn into a chi pet though! Good Luck icon_wink.gif

badboy,

I am at the same place as you. Good growth, but not where I thought I'd be by now. After reading and talking with others, it seems many saw a surge of growth around the 5 1/2 month mark. I am hoping that is the case for us.

Mr. T

I don't need to learn any lessons - I post my pics for others to see for themselves. What have you done to help other posters pick a doc, other than throw a few insults here and there?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

I am here to learn as much as possible and hoping to get a HT this fall/winter. And I hope to return all the past help I received by documenting everything and posting many pics.

Also, if I recall u are very young which most responsible doc's I am told wouldn't touch. I am sorry if I offended u with the earlier post. But I think it helps to be honest and open with such a serious topic as HT surgery.

It is true: you will continue to see density improvements each month.

My hair continues to look "more full" each month. Though I'd say the most growth occurred in month 3-4, it is still getting thicker.

Don't fret too much. Some people, it just takes longer. I'd say after 1 year, though IMO, that is when you'll know what you've gotten yourself into.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

hey...for the last time I'm not advertising! I'm just telling it has it is. I felt I had a good exp with my doc and I relayed that info to you so please...enough with the ad talk...

well thanks for the replies and I'm still lookin forward to see what comes up...I was getting worried since I read a lot of guys seeing real growth after 4 months...just concerned... I just started Nioxin/rogain regiment and hopefully that will help...

thnks guys for the info...keep it coming

badboy,

dont be worried, we all know its different for each person and if your doctor is good there is no way a HT can fail. have you heard such a thing?? so dont worry.

best thing to do is to take a photograph each month with same lighting conditions, same background, same amt of hair( after haircut ) and see for yourself. its hard to notice unless you do this..

good luck!

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

badboy....

i'm by no means asking you to advertise, and if you don't want to ever tell who your doc was, then i can respect and accept your decision.

down the road, however, it'd be nice if you could tell who the HT was with. many of us are here for support and/or education. someone else out there might be reading this board and wanting to know about some of the lesser known but quality HT surgeons...and that may be the same doc as yours. you don't owe your doc anything i guess...i mean...you paid for the HT, but, it'd be nice for him to benefit as well from the good word of mouth as well as benefit someone who wants to go to your doc and needs a little help or infor. just a thought.

I don't think it hurts to share the name.

My HT experience wasn't "perfect", but it sure as hell wasn't Dr Rose's fault. And it sure would have been a whole helluva lot worse with a non top doc.

That doesn't reflect on his skill or attitude. That is just my experience. BTW, things went really, really well with me, and I regret nothing.

Anyway, I wouldn't be too worried about sharing the doc's name. There might be not be anything that could have been avoided.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I think everyone knows my doc... it's funny because when I first came out with the experience and raved about it everyone accused me of advertising (hence the previous reply) but for those of you who are wondering it was with Doc Charles in Boca ... the experience went very well... I was just getting worried since it looks like I haven't gotten growth where I wanted it the most... it's going to be 5 months in a couple of days and I'm growing impatient... that's all ... I'll keep you guys posted...

badboy - I'm right behind you at 4.5 months with Dr. Charles. Worked on the frontal area similar to you. It's probably harder for us to compare with the Jotronic's and Futzyheads's progression in their websites because their MPB were further progressed, and at 4 - 5 months the difference with the before and after photos were more substantial that ours would be. I have decent growth at this time, probably the same as you, nothing phenomenal but if I have nearly 8 more months of improvement I can't even imagine how good it will look. So hang in there and I'm sure you'll be showing off some pics in about 4 months.

vocor1,

I think i have asked you this question before but was left unanswered, will you please explain why you say your HT experience with Dr. Rose was not "perfect" ? Thanks in advance.

tkotko,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It's probably harder for us to compare with the Jotronic's and Futzyheads's progression in their websites because their MPB were further progressed, and at 4 - 5 months the difference with the before and after photos were more substantial that ours would be.

are you saying that jo's and futzyhead's HT was

better than yours in some way or are you saying that its only an illusion or something because of their MPB progression ? Please reply, thanks.

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

so we're on the same boat huh? where are you getting growth? where were you losing? how old are you.. if you don't mind me asking? I'm sure it will turn out great..it's just that it's getting more and more difficult fixing my hair in the morning so that it looks decent for work. I wish I could just wake up and go... oh well...let me know how your results progress as well...I'm very interested...

PD:

The "imperfect parts" were:

Scar stretched to 5mm in one place. Dr Rose worked on it for free to help repart. The area stretched to 3mm after revision. Tough luck.

Right side appears slightly thicker than left. Either uneven regrowth or the right side just had more hairs already there pre-transplant.

Other than that, the results are similarly miraculous to other people's from top docs.

I think people "hunt" for the "perfect HT" or the "perfect HT doc". There is very, very rarely such thing. You go with the guys you are comfortable with and hope things go well based on your impressions of the doctor and his methods.

I have very little to complain about. But I feel it is crucial to share the "good and the bad". I read some posts, and it is clear to me that the poster is sugar-coating part of the presentation.

Nothing will go perfectly. But it'll go so well that the ends will definitely justify the mean.

It clearly did in my case.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

Badboy,

I had read in the past that the hairline HT takes longer to fill in than the rest of an HT. I can't think of any reason why that would make sense, but it may explain why you might be seeing delayed results. I'm now 3 months out of my hairline HT, and I have lots of peachfuzz/wispy hairs coming in, and some are as long as an inch. At this point, we just have to be patient and wait for the new hairs to thicken.

Good luck.

Manko

Vocor1,

I agree with your one hundred %. Most people overlook the fact that a lot depends on the patients scalp, hair, healing, etc. I know that Dr. Rose is a great doctor and I am sure the problem you had has nothing to do with his skill.. I appreciate your honest post.. stay in this forum, it needs posters like you.

Good luck.

Uncjim,

Yeah, I agree it's incredible. It barely feels like 3 months. Lots of hairline growth, and I've been combing my hair back for the last 3 weeks and no one has said anything. It kind of looks like a shadow hairline. Actually today someone accused me of dyeing my hair, and that's the closest anyone has come to suggesting something is different about my hair. I laughed them off, and they said no more. I'm looking forward to the next 3 months.

Manko

Vocor

If I remember correctly you had your HT done about the same time as me back in Jan with doc Rose...Mine grew in great...it started growing 7 to 8 weeks postop....now 8 months later it really looks the same but longer as it did 4 months ago...I now look in the mirror and cannot see into my scalp as I could before....I have not been to this site all summer....havent really thought about my HT much since it grew in ...thats what is all about isnt it?! I am flying back to MN on Thursday for another reason but I plan to stop by Shapiros for a quick hello...they were all so nice there....dont think I'll ask out whats her name again!!! I really cant remember her name, the secretary girl....man she was hot!! Cori, thats what it was..

hope all is well...aloha from Maui ... big it up

Experience:

6 HT to date.......wish this forum was around in the 90's!

Uncle Jim!!

WOW!!! I just now got a chance to see your updated site. You look fantastic!

Thanks so much for posting your progress and keeping us informed. If it wasn't for you and the other guys, there would have been a bunch of mistakes made.

BTW - for the red birthmark you referred to - my doc took off a ~3-4 mm one in front of my part by just scraping it away (no scar or anything now). He did about 5 more under my hair, near the donor area, on the second one since they kind of got irritated with the first HT.

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice

Thanks Joe. I appreciate the compliment and the advise.

It's funny, I never gave the birth mark a second thought and didn't really notice it until I took the hair pics. I'll probably hold onto it as a reminder that I still have some imperfections. icon_wink.gif

Uncjim's Journey

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog