Need unbiased eyes please. =)

I've been taking pictures every month for the last 6 months (since Ive been on propecia). I just started taking rogaine again in the last few weeks (since the foam doesnt make my scalp red and itchy).

Was just wondering if you guys could tell if there has been any change one way or another. I am really close to setting an appointment for a HT, but I'd really like to feel comfortable that the meds are regrowing a little (or at least stopping the loss).

I cant really tell a difference though?

chart.jpg

url link: http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/usfstevec/chart.jpg

Thanks for the input!

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

I've been taking pictures every month for the last 6 months (since Ive been on propecia). I just started taking rogaine again in the last few weeks (since the foam doesnt make my scalp red and itchy).

Was just wondering if you guys could tell if there has been any change one way or another. I am really close to setting an appointment for a HT, but I'd really like to feel comfortable that the meds are regrowing a little (or at least stopping the loss).

I cant really tell a difference though?

chart.jpg

url link: http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/usfstevec/chart.jpg

Thanks for the input!

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

rogaine only worked for me when i first started thinning, it did prevent anymore thinning. i don't think i really grew any hair back, just prevented my hair from falling out. when i stopped using it, the thinning increased, and i went bald, front and crown areas, and thin on the top. i just had my 2 HT two weeks ago, i got a total of 3100 graphs.

Very hard to tell from the pics, Steve, but I'd agree with Spex................it appears to be helping you maintain. IMO, really you need to give it 1 year before passing judgment.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

EmuSteve,

I agree with the others...it seems like it's helping you at least maintain what you have. Of course, a 4 month progress chart is not the best to map progress...you probably want to be on it a full year to relaly know if it's working for you. I agree that it's difficult to tell fully from the pics...but especially when looking at the crown shots, I'd say, so far, so good.

Bill

Emu,

I would agree with all of the advise that you have already been given. Wait approx. 1 year and that is a better indicator. Just don't put too much hope into any miracles. Good luck.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90