Once and for all - Is propecia dangerous for you???

lowead

Hello everybody:

I have been taking propecia for a few years now (on and off) and have recently heard that propecia can actually be dangerous for you...

i heard many stories and many conflicting studies

one that says that taking the more powerful drug, Procar can actually causes Prostate cancer. Specifically for 6% of the takers will cause the violent form of the disease..

the same study also said that Procar also REDUCES by 25% the chance of the less violent form of Prostate cancer

a different study says that propecia lowers the PSA tests results, causes it to be fuzzy, hence if the PSA is dangerous, the propecia will make it invisible and hence less likely to detect the diseas

then again a different study which I also saw was that if in fact there is cancer, the propecia will make it MORE visible...hence easier to detect

Confused??? So am i! These studies seem to contradict....

i would be happy if somebody shed some light for me please and let me know if I can keep taking propecia quitly.

waiting for your wonderful peoples response.

adam

once and for all,

there was recently a study which discovered that if one drinks four cups of coffee in the morning they will never get chirrosiss of the liver or cancer of the liver.

starbucks funded it...

if there was a for once and for all answer then there would be no mystery and no more forum and no more fun...

I don't know about this proscar study which indicates 6% get the worst type of the cancer.I have heard this, but wasn't it intended to prevent prostate cancer?

10 years ago they said coffee was bad for you.

10 years later they say its good...

20 years ago blow was only done by the aristocrats and the upper echelon.

20 years later your nucking futs and a loser for doing it...

50 years ago the food pyramid had milk and beef right at the top.

50 years later their pretty much cut out...

Truth is: none of these DHT blockers have been around long enough for any conclusive studies to have been done as to its LONG-term effects.

sucks huh?

There is no conclusive evidence that ANY drug you take can be totally safe.There are always chances for side effects. Some people drink and die of liver disease others don't. Cigarettes, the same thing and other drugs ditto.

There are hundreds of posts on this so the decision is up to you. I have been taking Propecia for years with no side effects.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I asked Doctor Proctor on an earlier thread about this and this is what he said:

Dr Proctor sez: Good questions. Nobody knows the answers. I will prescribe finasteride up to age 50 or so, after advising the patients accordingly, naturally. Over 40 is a "relative contraindication", mostly because the oldest person in the trial was 41. This seems appropriate most of the time because of the general reversibility of any sexual problems.

From what I have read on this, there are differing opinions as to if there can be any long term damage as a result. If it screws with a PSA test I would not be surprised, but then again, PSA tests are notoriously inaccurate anyway, from what I've heard.

I personally think that no one knows if this leads to an increased risk of prostate cancer due to lack of research on ths subject. Im not sure if long term use of any drug is really in your best interests. For my own sake, I tend to skip one day a week. I dont know if it helps, and dont think it really is gonna hurt.

Personally, We do many harmful things to our bodies. Being overweight,inactivity, smoking, drinking, eating food with artificial sweetners, can all be very dangerous for our bodies..

This does not discount the risks but almost everyone does things to their bodies including meds such as anti depressants..

This is just another risk we take in life in addition to medical conditions we have such as diabetes, etc.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

It is important to let your physician know that you take Propecia/Finasteride because PSA levels are lowered artificially and need to be adjusted so the PSA interpretation is multiplied by two. Every drug has side effects, and everybody reacts to drugs differently, some people may notice a surge of side effects, and others may notice none. In extremely rare cases Finasteride has been reported to cause permanent side effects, mainly a loss in libido, but then, so have antidepressants.