JOBI's 10 Commandments

Hi newbies & vets

Just thought I would re-post one of my favorite posts based on feedback from the community. We all go through a host of emotions during the recovery process. YES, you are normal and yes, you will feel this way at one point or another. These timelines represent my three HT experiences so your time may vary but I feel it is a good benchmark

Reeeelax, and of course contact your doc if you are really concerned

Month 1 - Question? What did I do? This hurts!

Month 2 - What's going on? Are these things normal to happen?

Month 3 - Impatience/doubt?(no growth & scar concern)

Month 4 - More impatience/doubt. This didn't work

Month 5 - Frustration (looking in mirror every hour)

Month 6 - Hope! I see something (scar fading)

Month 7 - Elation! Growth and small results

Month 8 - Happiness & compliments (people notice)

Month 9 - More people notice. You have a new hairstyle!

Month 10 - God I should have done this sooner!!!

Month 11 - I want another!!

Month 12 - WOW, what a difference (#2 is scheduled)

Month 13-14 - It's soo natural and full

Be patient!

JOBI

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi Cured

1- Cured, I find it odd your donor area is not painful( while not on the meds).The donor area will remain sensitive for abot 2 months or so. Remember, you just had a strip of skin removed from the back of your head.

2- The healing process in both area's can produce some sensations which might make you a bit restless. Pinching,tingling, and other feelings are normal the first couple months.Lastly, shockloss and graftloss is common as well. This makes you question " What is going on" as many posts illustrate

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• Moderators

Unfortunately I just kept circling through items 1 to 5 over and over. Would have been nice to get to #8 just once.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Hi Cured

1- Cured, I find it odd your donor area is not painful( while not on the meds).The donor area will remain sensitive for abot 2 months or so. Remember, you just had a strip of skin removed from the back of your head.

2- The healing process in both area's can produce some sensations which might make you a bit restless. Pinching,tingling, and other feelings are normal the first couple months.Lastly, shockloss and graftloss is common as well. This makes you question " What is going on" as many posts illustrate

I mean, I definitely feel it, the donor and recipient areas, but I wouldn't describe it as pain. Maybe I just have a high threshold or something. I have suffered from migraines since I was 11 (past 15 years) so I guess in comparison, this just tickles a bit.

Thanks for your clarification, especially about month two with the shock loss. Dr. Cooley was very clear with me that the new grafts won't have significant results for 9 months to a year, so I'm ready for the wait, but I'm sure anxiety will set in in a few months knowing me.

mrjb,good post but i too have to disagree with no1 aswell.im 1 week post op and i have no pain at all in either area.the scar is a little tender if i press it but my recipient is as normal as before.but as wearecured says maybe we all have diferent thresholds?i cant remember any discomfort after the initial few days from the first op ht either.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Good for you Balody

Wish I had your pain threshhold. I agree, the recepiant area is not too bad ( a little numb for a month) My donor area usually hurt for a good month.Not intense pain but enough to bother you. I recall having a little challenge sleeping at night the first month..It took me about 3 months before the donor area felt about 90%

All in all the post is to illustrate the range of feelings one has over the course of "growth". Of course items like pain threshold and healing may vary.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

"a little numb for a month"

i was thinking this, im sure i felt tenderness when i touched or banged my recipient area wit the 1st ht for a couple of months.this time my crown feels like normal, maybe it is still numb? or is the crown less painful than the top/front.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

I am 2 months post op.

My recipient and donor area is still numb. My donor area still sore. Both areas definitley NOT feeling normal like before HT at this stage. The shocked hairs around the scar haven't grown back yet!! I know the shocked hairs will grow back in 4-6 months post-op. But, how about the numbness and the sore? Are these normal?

Thanks.

KamCal

3664 Grafts with Dr. Hasson - Oct. 5th, 2007

My Hair Loss Weblog

Kam

If you look at my list, at month 3 I have listed scar concern which is what it refers to. It takes time for it to fade ( see month 6 )

When you say both area's not feeling normal, that is spot on for my month 2 "doubt" feeling.

Regarding Please grows commments, remember everyone will grow/heal at a bit different rate. This is a benchmark of feeling more that exact growth.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

MrJB:

This is a great post from a real veteran (x3). Every first timer should cut this out and post it to the wall.

My timeline took a little bit longer and I was in the "WTF" phase probably until the 7 month"???it took a little bit longer for my hair to thicken.

Thanks again.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs