Question about this site, Coalition Doctors and Pat.

Guest youngguy24

Guest youngguy24

I have been a member of this site for about a year now and can't thank Pat enough for his great work. If I had not researched I'm sure Bosley would have got me in the chair. Even though I have a few questions. Who decides if a doctor becomes part of the Coalition (Pat?). What motivation does Pat have to do all this work (other than helping others). He has visited dozens of doctors offices through out the United States and Canada. What I'm really getting at is how does Pat have the time and money(travel) to do all this work. Once again I can't thank Pat enough and I believe this site is legit. Oh yeah what ever happened to Robert_?

Guest youngguy24

I have been a member of this site for about a year now and can't thank Pat enough for his great work. If I had not researched I'm sure Bosley would have got me in the chair. Even though I have a few questions. Who decides if a doctor becomes part of the Coalition (Pat?). What motivation does Pat have to do all this work (other than helping others). He has visited dozens of doctors offices through out the United States and Canada. What I'm really getting at is how does Pat have the time and money(travel) to do all this work. Once again I can't thank Pat enough and I believe this site is legit. Oh yeah what ever happened to Robert_?

Youngguy,

I'm sure Pat will address this too...but let me tell you what I know.

Coalition doctors are ultimately selected by Pat, however, he does take feedback from members of the forum as to their opinions on recommendations and coalition memberships. Ultimately, Pat makes the final decision based on his research and specific acquired knowledge of a specifc clinic. See http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...ership-standards.asp for the criteria a coalition doctor must meet

Pat has the time because he has made this a career. Without being compensated in some way, there would be no way he would have the time or energy to put as much time as he does into this. It's nice to have someone who is honest, ethical, and hard working that stands for us, the patients.

Coalition doctors and recommended doctors pay a fee to Pat to be part of these memberships. The fees enable Pat to do further research and take the time that's necessary to do quality work that goes with keeping this community running.

One question that has come up by some people, is if he gets paid, then how can we trust his decisions and know he is out for our best interest? Isn't he just out just to make money? My answer to this question is simply this: Does not a man have the right to get paid for what he does so diligently? Take me for example...I don't get paid for any of the posts I do on this forum...I'm here because I want to be here...but surely I could NEVER put the time and energy into this that Pat can unless I was paid. BUT, being an IT manager for a company...does that fact that I get paid for it lessen the quality of my work? Of course not! All it does is enable me to put my heart and soul into my work without worrying about how I'm going to have enough money to pay my bills. Money gives us the security to be able to do our work to the best of our ability rather than rushing through it just to get it done so we can go out and support ourselves. Does getting paid for what someone does lessen the integrity and quality of what someone does? Certainly not! Now obviously one can dispute this by asking...what about greed for more money? Though certainly people can be effected by greed...let's consider this for a moment:

One way Pat makes money is by admitting a coalition doctor and recommended doctor to this site. But...why then are not more doctors recommended or part of the coalition? Why does Pat take the time to remove doctors from both? Clearly to me, his decisions are driven by ethics and the good of this community over the desire for money.

Additionally, think of the liability Pat would have by keeping poor quality doctors recommended on this site? People come here and see Doctor X is recommended and Doctor Y is part of the coalition. Pat stands behind these doctors because they have proven themselves to do quality work. BUT, Pat stands behind patients even more. I've seen doctors come and go from these memberships because of patient dissatisfaction or because there is evidence pointing to a lower quality of work than was seen originally.

Ok, I know I just spent a whole lot of time defending Pat here when you were not giving me reason to do so. But, because I know what could potentially be opened up here, I wanted to make clear my position on this forum and community. I hope it speaks volumes when I say that out of all the hairloss forums, I'm the most comfortable here because I believe what this community stands for and what Pat is doing.

I hope that helps and then some icon_wink.gif

Bill

Wow, Bill- Great post, bro!

I really have no content to add but will also say that in my time here I've seen Pat take action when necessary. If it were all about money, NO SURGEON would ever be removed from the Coaltion icon_cool.gif! I think Pat's goal, as well as the majority here, is maintaining the integrity of the site by providing the latest, unbiased information regarding hair loss and hair restoration..........no holds barred.

Not sure where Robert went...........he was a diamond in the rough here and his contributions are missed. I'm with Bill, he's likely so busy trying out his new hairstyles he doesn't have time for us anymore icon_wink.gif.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

I really appreciate the understanding and support of the above dedicated posters. Earning and keeping the respect and trust of the dedicated members of this community is my highest priority.

It's taken years to build up this community and make it a respected resource. I will never jepordize the hard earned reputation of this community or endanger patients to promote a sub pare physician or clinic.

I'm glad that many members do realize that I will not hesitate to remove any physician or clinic who does not merit recommendation.

Robert did a great job of moderating this forum for a year. He has since gotten busy with life and no doubt is enjoying his restored hairline.

P.S. How this community is funded is written on the How Physicians are selected page of the Hair Transplant Network (see below).

"How this online community is funded.

Those surgeons who are carefully reviewed and chosen for recommendation on this site contribute a monthly fee to co-sponsor this online community and display their before and after photos and contact information."

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Great posts, guys.

I've been on this forum for about a year and a half and have been very impressed with how Pat stands behind the patients. There is no doubt in my mind that he is looking out for our best interests. He deserves every dime he gets for the amount of excellent information he provides and for the number of qualified posters he has drawn to this forum.

Hi

Very good post. it is challenging to trust people today in any industry, ESPECIALLY the hair replacement/growth... Look around at business today and watch the news.

We are lucky to be able to have this forum and some objective, results driven peolple who are sincerely look out for the best interest of the individual. This is why I contribute, as I was a newbie and had many questions and a lot of anxiety 2 or so years ago.. Now, 3 HT's later I can honestly say I am 1000 times happier and fortunate to have had this resource to assist me.That in combination with extensive research gave me the result i wanted. So much misinformation out there with sharks attached to it ..

You always need someone to trust in any dedicated venture

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

As others have written, Pat, thanks for your hard work!

I think the fact that there are only 25 (at this time) coalition surgeons on this site speaks for itself. If Pat was greedy and in this only for the money, more than likely there would hundreds of "recommended" surgeons.

Thanks again Pat!

Miles

Pat is a smart guy for capitalizing on something that was a negative.

He found a way through his own follicle challenge & started this forum, yes as a business but look at how many people have reaped it's benefits!

And Pat is a real person right up here on the front line's, not some guy behind the curtain.

Congrats to Pat on the new weapon in the arsenal Hairforce One, To help seek out the best of the best in Hair transplant surgery!

I think Pat Publisher is coming to D??sseldorf to get a FUE hairtransplant done by Malte Villnow MD! icon_wink.gif

Come on Pat you would be the first american! icon_cool.gif

You can tell them all over here about youre experience!

ITS MICRO GRAFT FUE DRILLERTIME! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Greatings Hairobservator