Post-Op Question

I ran a comb through my hair in order to remove some of the scabs, however, after a few passes I noticed a good amount of transplanted hair came out as well. could this have damaged the grafts? how long does it takes b4 they are permanently in place? some reassure would be great.

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

I ran a comb through my hair in order to remove some of the scabs, however, after a few passes I noticed a good amount of transplanted hair came out as well. could this have damaged the grafts? how long does it takes b4 they are permanently in place? some reassure would be great.

Is it possible to lose a graft 13 days post-op? I was gently combing my hair, and I hit a scab. There was a little bit of blood, not streaming down my head, just a little from where the scab was and I dabbed it with a piece of tissue. Do you think I lost a graph? I thought they were embedded by then. I'm thinking it was just from the scab because it was very little blood.

Originally posted by tkerr22:

my guess is you're fine, if all u saw was a scab you should be good, if you lost a graph you'd see a follicle

A part of a follicle.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by dhoose75:

Is it possible to lose a graft 13 days post-op? I was gently combing my hair, and I hit a scab. There was a little bit of blood, not streaming down my head, just a little from where the scab was and I dabbed it with a piece of tissue. Do you think I lost a graph? I thought they were embedded by then. I'm thinking it was just from the scab because it was very little blood.

Your grafts are seated at the 10-day mark, it's probably just blood from the scab, nothing else.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by tkerr22:

my guess is you're fine, if all u saw was a scab you should be good, if you lost a graph you'd see a follicle

Just out of curiosity, what would a follicle look like if you did happen to lose one? I am at 4 weeks postop, and the shedding had just now kicked in heavy, some hairs have lil white bumps at the base.