Dr's who stay with their patients during surgery

Hello everyone,

I have been talking to Dr. Rose in Tampa, and i have done some research here on the forums, and I noticed a post that said Dr. Rose did not stay this particular patient during surgery. What doc does, and please feel free to comment. Janna, Hairloss cure....

HeHateMe,

It depends on what you mean on "stay with the patient".

I have had 3 hair transplant surgeries and though each physician was present in the office the whole time, they were not in the room with me during the entire surgery. Hair transplant surgeons and technicians work as a team and both perform different but harmonious tasks in order to achieve the desired result.

It is of course, extremely important to be comfortable with the hair transplant surgeon and clinic that you choose.

Know however, it is typical for the surgeon to be in and out during the day. I agree however, that it is important that the surgeon is involved EVERY step of the way.

Bill

Hi HeHateMe. Dr. Rose removes all the donor tissue, via strip or FIT/FUE. He also creates all the incisions for the recipient area to control the angle and direction of the grafts. Laura and the techs do most of the graft placement and Dr. Rose oversees the work. Dr. Rose is not necessarily in the OR for the entire surgery, but he is never absent for very long either. I think it is pretty standard for top clinics. As Fal states, surgeons and techs work together and both perform different but harmonious tasks.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

If you are getting a strip procedure, there is a good chance the doc will NOT be in the room the entire time. During FUE/FIT it's a different story. I've visited quite a few hair transplant clinics around the world. It is rare to find a surgeon who stays in the room the entire time during a strip procedure.

Many of these technicians are exceptional at what they do. I think the most important consideration is graft growth. If all the grafts grow I don't think it really matters if the doctor was in the room the entire time.

I've observed quite a few of Dr. Rose's surgeries and met many of his patients. I've only seen exceptional results.

My opinion is that all of Dr. Rose's surgical technicians are some of the best I've ever seen. I've said this on quite a few occasions over the years.

A strip hair transplant often requires 5-6 skilled people. Every member of the team has an important job to do--the doctor simply can't do it all. I hope that helps.

I am an independent hair transplant surgical consultant and hair loss researcher. Any opinions I have posted are my own. I am working on a few hair loss/transplant projects and will be making some announcements concerning them in the near future.

I know that some surgeons like to be "hands on" during the entire procedure, but in my opinion, as long as the technicians have the proper experience and skill, the physician doesn't have to be present the entire time.

If a surgeon wants to be involved and in the room for the whole procedure, more power to him/her.

However, regardless of how the surgery is performed, the best test of a quality clinic is the end hair transplant result.

This is why looking for positive consistency in any hair transplant surgeon you are considering is vital!

Bill

When I had my procedure done (4200 grafts = long-ass day), after excising the strip and making the incisions, Dr. Feller was mostly in his office while his team was placing the grafts, but came in periodically to check, and had a webcam on the whole time...at one point I apparently looked especially uncomfortable, and he came in to check on my drug intake icon_smile.gif...

All of which sounds like the norm, and was certainly OK with me...

Benjamin

Dr. Konior stays w/you through THE ENTIRE PROCESS!

Some people do not mind, some do. I did. It's a great feeling knowing the 'Boss' is right there. There was a tech assisting him place grafts, but he was pluggn' {no pun intended} right along the entire time. Very intensely too, i might add.

3147 ish) grafts Dr. Konior

No meds.

I think some people have a perception that the surgery is better if the doc is in the room the entire time. I don't feel this is the case. I think the final outcome of the surgery is the most important thing to consider. If all the grafts grow and your result is exceptional, does it matter if the doctor was in the room every second of the surgery? I don't think it does.

I am an independent hair transplant surgical consultant and hair loss researcher. Any opinions I have posted are my own. I am working on a few hair loss/transplant projects and will be making some announcements concerning them in the near future.

Dr True removes the donor strip, sews it up, and then places the receipiant sites. The techs do the rest and he came in often to see how it was going. Remember, some of these tech have been doing this for 10 plus years so to think it is a compromise is false.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!