Learn How to Use our Live Help/Chat Feature that Meets Every Other Wednesday Night!

Live Chat is Temporarily Postponed Until Further Notice

Live Chat Has Returned New Now on Every Other Wednesday Night. The next scheduled Live Chat Session will be: Wednesday X/XX/XXXX at 9:00pm until 10:00pm Eastern Standard Time. This information will also be published in our forum newsletter. We hope to see you there!

Hello everyone,

As you may or may not be aware, we have an Online Chat feature built into this community.

Recently our community has made regular use of this chat feature to give people a chance to interact live with one another and get instant live help!

Use of Chat Rooms and Scheduling

Though the online chat feature is always available, there may not be anyone monitoring the rooms when you connect. This is why we will be scheduling times. I will be sending out an email to our community members with times - so be sure to register with us!

How to Connect and Use the Live Help / Chat Feature:

1. In the top left hand corner of our forum click "Go" and then "Chat Rooms". This will display a list of rooms available which currently includes only 1 chat room.

A. Hair Restoration Surgery Chat

To select a Chat Room you may also click here.

2. You MAY be asked to install an ActiveX Control so be sure that you have administrative rights on your computer.

3. You must also be registered to join our chat so be sure to register to join in the discussion!

4. You can choose to be in any or all of the chat rooms at once.

A. Do this by selecting your initial chat room (in step 1 above).

B. To join another chat room, click the drop down list labeled "Go to Room" and select another chat room. This will open another "tab" and you will have the ability to post/chat in one or all of the chat rooms.

Features of the Live Chat

Features of the live chat room include:

1. One Public chat room

2. A private chat feature.

3. The ability to whisper to individuals

4. The ability to use emoticons such as smiley faces to be more expressive

5. The ability to color code your own text in order to distinguish the members more readily

Live Chat Summaries

Live Chat Summary of 4/23/2008 with Dr. Mejia

Live Chat Summary of 4/2/2008

Live Chat Summary of 3/19/2008

Live Chat Summary of 3/5/2008 Featuring 3 Elite Hair Restoration Physicians

Live Chat Summary of 2/21/2008

Live Chat Summary of 11/27/2007

Live Chat Summary of 11/6/2007

Live Chat Summary of 10/30/2007

Live Chat Summary of 10/23/2007

Live Chat Summary of 10/9/2007

Live Chat Summary of 10/2/2007

Live Chat Summary of 9/25/2007

Live Chat Summary of 9/18/2007

Live Chat Summary of 9/11/2007 10:00pm EST

Live Chat Summary of 9/5/2007 10:00pm EST

Live Chat Transcripts

Live Chat Transcript from 9/25/2007 with Dr. Hasson and Dr. Epstein

I hope you will all join us for the next regularly scheduled chat. Stay tuned for details.

Feel free to post any questions you have on this thread. Please also come back to this thread for updated information.

Best Wishes,

Bill

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Bill, this forum used to have a chat bar at the bottom of the page but I cannot see mine or any of my contacts. Was the feature removed? If so please bring it back :(

• 3 months later...

Mickey,

I think what you are referring to is the "instant messenger" feature which is actually different than the chat feature. That said, we did not eliminate this feature and it appears at the bottom of the screen like it always has.

That said, I wonder if a recent browser update has caused it to no longer function or appear correctly since Dave said he no longer sees it as well.

I'll see what our webmaster Hans can find out.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Mania,

We haven't had a hosted live chat session for a long time. A live chat feature still exists however, as does an instant messenger feature. Anyone you "friend" on this community can be reached via instant message if they are online at the same time you are. There is a toolbar at the very bottom that says "Friends online" and then if you click on it, it will list any of your friends online. Simply click their name and begin chatting with them.

I'm honestly not sure how often this feature is used, so perhaps I'll start a topic about this and ask. We are currently working on a new community and we are exploring whether or not this feature is necessary.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...