Do I need anything?

This is probably the first time in my life I've come to someone about my hairline so I feel very uncomfortable but need some answers.

I don't have a receding hairline, this one is natural, looking from my baby pictures and toddler pictures.

However, as I've grown older I've become more and more aware of it, leading me to become quite sensitive to it. I've wore a hat most of the time to hide it. When I look in the mirror, it doesn't look that bad but it looks horrible in photo's (anyone else ever felt like that?).

Here are some pics, I just hid my face because of my discomfort for some reason. I've add a few letters to the image to help me describe it.

From point A to my eyebrow, the length is 6cm. From point B to my eyebrow, it is 8cm and the width of my hairline is 15cm, so its very wide and quite high.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9905/photo0135wa3.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9797/photo0140dl9.jpg

This is probably the first time in my life I've come to someone about my hairline so I feel very uncomfortable but need some answers.

I don't have a receding hairline, this one is natural, looking from my baby pictures and toddler pictures.

However, as I've grown older I've become more and more aware of it, leading me to become quite sensitive to it. I've wore a hat most of the time to hide it. When I look in the mirror, it doesn't look that bad but it looks horrible in photo's (anyone else ever felt like that?).

Here are some pics, I just hid my face because of my discomfort for some reason. I've add a few letters to the image to help me describe it.

From point A to my eyebrow, the length is 6cm. From point B to my eyebrow, it is 8cm and the width of my hairline is 15cm, so its very wide and quite high.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9905/photo0135wa3.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9797/photo0140dl9.jpg

Don't feel uncomfortable at all, really; everyone here is sympathetic AND empathetic to hairloss.

Btw, your pics didn't go through, I don't think. (?)

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Honestly, it looks more like a transformation to a "mature hairline", which isn't truly MPB. At the same time, I definitely see what you are saying, and why you'd be worried.

I'd say I'm very critical in assessing people's hair, and yours is honestly quite good. Worrying exessively about it now will not do you any good, and you should just enjoy life.

Growing your hair out longer and styling it might mask whatever recessions in the hairline have occured; as well, you can talk to a dermatologist about getting on propecia, and look into using Revita shampoo. You could also go to get checked for "miniaturization", which could better determine if you are in the beginning stages of MPB.

EDIT -- you definitely aren't a candidate for a HT...however, as the years progress, and your hairloss divines itself further, you could always get a HT, perhaps a FUE session, to fill in your naturally high/narrow hairline.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Yes, I have; and one thing to consider is the notion of "illusion" in one's hair....from different angles, in different lighting (among many things) hair can appear quite different.

That your father has no hairloss, and neither does anyone else in your family really bodes well for you! Personally, I'd go to a dermatologist and get checked for miniaturization if you are feeling particularly anxious about any impending hairloss; and/or grow out your hair a bit which can add some "illusion" in your case; and, in the back of your mind, know that when you get a bit older, and your biological hair situation reveals itself further you could absolutely look into getting a highly effective surgery to bolster your hairline (FUE...most likely, if it is a simple hairline refinement...as opposed to FUT).

-----------

If it will make you feel any better, many people on this message board have paid thousands of dollars to have a hairline like yours.

That being said, since you don't have a history of hair loss in your family, you'd probably be a good candidate for an HT to lower your's a bit.

"From point A to my eyebrow, the length is 6cm. From point B to my eyebrow, it is 8cm and the width of my hairline is 15cm"...

Man, that is one detailed analysis! Perhaps you could come over and measure my head?

-OR-

better yet, you could start a biz out of it, you could be like the custom tailor for the balding man. Men will line up to have there receding hair lines and balding heads measured and fitted by the master himself.

Picture it: dozens of bald men lined up at your door step, desperately waiting to see you, beads of sweat across there balding brows as the anticipation of your arrival is too great to bare...there you stand w/glasses, measuring tape, and a pencil in your mouth as your attention to detail requires both hands to be free to measure the heads...You will charge by the boat loads and be booked months if not years in advance...you will measure, then re-measure, then measure some more...'something isn't RIGHT!..we have to do this again!'...such skills and attention to detail!

BTW---I think your hair line is fine.

Hell, I'm about to go out in a driving rainstorm and drive for 6 hours, pay $9k and dream of getting a hair line like yours..... icon_wink.gif

Seriously though, I wouldn't go through with a hair transplant at this point. If I were you, I'd make an appointment with a psychologist and try to work through it that way first.

I'm serious. My best friend's wife is one in Atlanta, and she helps people with image issues all the time.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

confused,

Your hair looks great though I completely understand your concern about a receding hairline. Truth is, based on the pictures, there is no way to know. You may want to consult with a dermatologist or hair restoration physician in order to have them test for hair miniaturization. They can perform tests to see whether or not you are in the beginning phases of MPB.

Best wishes,

Bill